So who else is building hubs on a friday night?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (37 posts)
  1. vancouver profile image39
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

and do you actually view the hubs of people that post in the forums?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is 8pm Saturday where I am, and I have just finished one. smile I view the ones that interest me. smile

vancouverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, you have over 4500 hundred posts, thats seriously impressive, over 12 posts a day ever day, for a year. If you dont mind me asking do you do well with adsense and hubpages?

regards,

JR

Yes I believe that for well targeted commercial hubs adsense income is good and increasing. Hubs written to entertain other hubbers or yourself earn less, but it all adds up! smile

2. emievil profile image66
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's actually Saturday night here. I'm trying to write one, unfortunately, I have an online job to finish.

And yes, I do read the hubs of the people who post in the forums. Especially from hubbers that I am not a fan yet and those who are just new in hubpages. smile

3. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did actually work on a hub on Friday night and publish it in the wee hours of Sat morning, but that is my prime time.  Since I retired (from the Air Force) in Dec, I usually stay up until at least 0200.  Evening and night has always been my favorite time of day. 

I often check out the bio &/or hubs of hubbers that draw my attention in the forums.  Definitely have gone to hubs specifically recommended by other hubbers in response to specific forum questions.

4. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did actually work on a hub on Friday night and publish it in the wee hours of Sat morning, but that is my prime time.  Since I retired (from the Air Force) in Dec, I usually stay up until at least 0200.  Evening and night has always been my favorite time of day. 

I often check out the bio &/or hubs of hubbers that draw my attention in the forums.  Definitely have gone to hubs specifically recommended by other hubbers in response to specific forum questions.

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

i do do you

3. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

wish it was friday night then i could go to sleep instead of work, i don't feel like going but i will be o.k.once i get there

4. Gemsong profile image61
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

I just enjoy reading hubs. I spend more time readin hubs and forums than writing hubs.

you have a good hubscore for someone thats written less than 10 hubs, i hope you got the chance to look at some of mine.

regards,

JR

5. Gemsong profile image61

I'm working my way through. I learned how to bookmark. I am happy now.

As for the high score? Danged if I know why it's like that.

keep at it, ive read/learned that having 10+ hubs helps to increase your hubscore. Quality content that people want to read always helps,

regards,
      JR

6. euro-pen profile image67
    euro-penposted 14 years ago

I finished and published my last hub around 1 a.m. (Saturday) local time. I guess that still counts as being Friday night.

Concerning your other question: I am reading quite a few hubs of other hubbers. I am finding these hubs mainly in following ways:

*) Clicking on the profiles of hubbers in forum posts (I like to hang around in the forum though I do not write that often). I do have some favorite hubbers whom I am reading quite regularily but I do often click on profiles of hubbers I did not know before just out of curiosity.

*) Clicking on the hub "alerts" sent to me via hubpages (these are the hubs of the hubbers whom I am a fan of).

*) Browsing around in the various topics I am interested in.

*) Actively searching after specific "keywords" and topics (mainly to learn from other hubbers and to avoid writing on a too similar topic.

7. Gemsong profile image61

And that's the tricky part. The Quality. I've never written movie reviews but now I am. Go figure. Now I'm trying to work up the courage to post my first short story.

1. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go on do it I will read it, and popping over now to read some of your..Looks like you and me been here the same amount of time.

1. Gemsong profile image61
        Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay... okay... I'll put it up later today. I've removed it from my personl webpage and will do an edit.

(trembling in terror)

8. vancouver profile image39
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

building up the courage? go for it.

and post 3 more hubs while you are at it.

10+ hubs will help you maintain your +75 hubscore, or so i have heard,

regards,

JR

1. Gemsong profile image61
      Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But.... but... but... that means I have to go write instead of reading hubs and playing on the forums. (pout)

9. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

It's 7:00am Saturday here. I'm not a night person, but I do hit the hubs early in the morning.

My hub reading is pretty reflective of Euro's, although lately I've been so busy it's been difficult to read much. I do read the hubs of people I've fanned (most of the time...). And when someone in the forums intrigue me, I go and read some of their hubs. I haven't been disappointed yet!

hubscore of 100? seriously share your secret with the rest of us smile

1. lrohner profile image67
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Seriously, I haven't a clue.

I pretty much ignore all internal scoring here (Except the 1st time I hit 100 when I had to pat myself on the back!) -- author score and individual hubscores. I just focus on writing quality content, building up backlinks, watching what works and what doesn't and tweaking a bunch.

hint hint on the backlinks, bots?

For backlinks, I use my own external blogs (where the topics are relevant to my hubs), build blogs to match other sets of topics I write about here (and vice versa), and really focus on getting quality DoFollow backlinks from other relevant sites.

A lot of folks just go backlink crazy and, IMHO, waste their time getting lots of NoFollow backlinks. NoFollows don't hurt you, but they certainly don't help you either unless you have lots and lots and lots of them.

blogger blogs or owned domain type blogs smile
              learning learning , feel free to not answer or give away all your secrets in this public forum post

regards,
              JR

I have a combination of both. I started out a few years ago being quite the newbie with just blogger blogs, and I found I just couldn't get rid of them when I switched over to my owned-domain blogs/websites. I mean, who would want to get rid of a blog that gets 15,000+ visitors per month, has over 700 one-way DoFollow backlinks, tons and tons of followers and readers -- and I haven't touched them in over a year!

I've messed around with other sites as well like Squidoo and Zimbio, but just never fell in love with them.

10. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Same for me Irohner. I like to see peoples nature on the forums, and if I like it I will check them out.

Morning, Helen. Hope you didn't have AdSense/Analytics nightmares last night! smile

11. pddm67 profile image59
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

Just joined and built my first hub last night (which was friday)! Am looking forward to checking out other hubs :-)

I saw you hub, Very well done.

1. pddm67 profile image59
        pddm67posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Much thanks and appreciation :-)

12. marcofratelli profile image79
    marcofratelliposted 14 years ago

I am too, but it's saturday night here in perth, australia

1. pddm67 profile image59
      pddm67posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow - I have relatives in Perth! Cool. Hello from New York :-)

13. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My brain couldn't write last night, but this morning its on full speed!  Good or bad, I'm more focused on my blogs today.  I haven't come up with any good Hubs that I think are potential earners lately.

I read a lot of hubs, mostly of those who fit into two categories right now. First category are those who know how to make money on hub pages and are terrific writers.  I look up to those hubbers and enjoying their articles, and have learned a great deal from them.  Second, I read some of the hubs by people who post in the forums, mostly those who I've become familiar with & can easily chat back and forth with.

I also back link on my blogs if the blog pertains to the Hub.

14. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Just finished another hub at 1 am EST.  I usually pick 3 or 4 fanned hubbers' to read and then come to the forums.  Here, I pick out a few hubbers I'm not a fan of yet, and check out what they have written.

15. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Friday nights, early Wednesday mornings - whenever I have free time for writing (beyond just popping on the forums to see what's going on and taking a break from more tedious work to add something).  I use the work day/week for "real" work - and write during any number of the "off" times (and sometimes "way-off" times).  smile

16. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

I do I find it for me to be the best night to do it

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)