jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Some People Are So Dumb

1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 8 years ago

I am actually talking about myself.  I bet many of you were ready to get right in here in rip me apart for saying that.

Anyways why I am saying that is as an affiliate marketer for almost 3 years now I really can not figure out why I have ignored HubPages for so long.

In the last 3 months it has become one of the most important tools in my marketing arsenal.  I think about all the money I left at the table.

Yep, when I say some people are so dumb I am absolutely reffering to myself for not seeing the value of this great place.

1. emievil profile image80
      emievilposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am in total agreement about being dumb (me not you). Fortunately, we can still catch up smile.

Dale Mazurekposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thats okay you can call me dumb to because in this case it is a fact  lol

2. fayans profile image22
    fayansposted 8 years ago

I was no different.

Though I setup my account almost 9 months ago, it was only in May this year I wrote my very first hub. Never look back since..

Not to mention all the great people I have met that have helped me along the way and not just with the marketing aspect because this place is fun as well.

1. Neil Ashworth profile image59
        Neil Ashworthposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more Dale - great resources - great community - great marketing platform!

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

I know how your feel. When I tell people that I haven't seen this much google traffic in years, they truly don't believe me.

Hubpages has become an important part of my affiliate marketing strategy as well. I just wish we had more options for monetizing the site. To me that is the only drawback. I have to continue working on other sites so that my portfolio stays diversified.

4. arunjain1989 profile image53
    arunjain1989posted 8 years ago

Dale I totally agree  with you.This place is so much fun.

5. Gemsong profile image82
    Gemsongposted 8 years ago

I got fired from my job and found Hubpages through my local papers as a way to make money.

While I haven't made any money I've found that this is a great place and a great community. I had never tried to write articles until now and I'm kinda enjoying it.

Don't know if I'll make money, but my husband is supporting me in this attempt. He says "you won't know if you don't try".

I love the people I've met here.

I have found making money exclusively from HubPages will not work so well, but using HubPages as a tool in your online marketing does work well.  In fact it is probably one of the best tools if used properly.

6. Gemsong profile image82
    Gemsongposted 8 years ago

I'm still learning my way around. I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes, but there are hubs on practically any topic and they're written in a way I understand. I've learned more in the last two weeks than I've learned in the last two months.

7. dave272727 profile image60
    dave272727posted 8 years ago

Gemsong,
    I know exactly where you are coming from.  I only recently decided what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I didnt know anything about this site or this approach to writing.  I have learned so much from the people on this site.  I spend a good majority of my days reading and learning from the people that have succeeded here.

working