jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you get people to comment on your hubs?!

1. Julie Simmonds profile image58
    Julie Simmondsposted 7 years ago

How do you get people to comment on your hubs?!

2. simeonvisser profile image83
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

You can't "get" people to comment on your hubs, that just takes time. If people notice your hub and if they have something to add then they will comment. But you're only here for nine days, it takes more time for people to notice your work.

However, you can start by commenting on the hubs of others, that's a good way to participate in the HubPages community and it encourages others to comment on your hubs too.

3. Julie Simmonds profile image58
    Julie Simmondsposted 7 years ago

Thanks Simeonvisser....i know I am totally new...haha...I noticed some newbies also have LOTS of comments already....and i'm like...what?!

4. BenWritings profile image77
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

I don't think there is any set way of getting comments, being noticed...aside from a little luck, and the way you write your stuff

hopefully, word will spread, and people will genuinely enjoy what you write

I personally have been jaw-dropped by the comments/views I have gotten in a week, but I doubt it will remain at such a high rate for very long

Who knows though?

I also have selected about ten people I'm following, that I regularly check up on their hubs for new ones

I always try to leave a helpful comment on each of their new published hubs

5. smackins1974 profile image64
    smackins1974posted 7 years ago

you could also start the comments yourself by putting a comment of your own. Some of my hubs I have added a question as the 1st comment once published. then when people come to read my hubpage I have prompted them by asking a question which hopefully they will answer.
    Sarah

working