jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What would you suggest: links to my other hubs or to others?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 7 years ago

What would you suggest: links to my other hubs or to others?

By using the "links suggestions" what would be more beneficial; linking to others or to my own hubs?

2. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Choose the hubs that you link to yourself, don't rely on the link suggestion tool to add some links. If you care about the readers of your hub then you should only link to high quality hubs. That means either your own hubs - at least you know the level of quality of those - or hubs of others that you've actually read.

Other than that, it does not really matter. Some suggest not to link too much to the hubs of others because you'd be giving away hard earned traffic. In some cases someone else has written it perfectly and it makes sense to link to them.

Linking to your own hubs is certainly beneficial because it increases views on your own hubs.

3. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 7 years ago

Depends on what my story is about. If I feel it goes along with another writer's article I link that if it goes with something I previously wrote I add that one.

4. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

I say do both... it is a great way to get more traffic to your previously published hubs if you link back to your own. Yet, if you link back to other people's hubs, you are also being a good member of the community and maybe they would return the favor giving you traffic as well.

Usually if I link my hub to another, I link to something that is related, not the same as what I wrote about.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all you answers. They are helpful and give solid advice.

6. Dovay Lee profile image38
    Dovay Leeposted 7 years ago

If that's what you're asking, as far as I understand you can't use the link suggestion tool to link to your own hubs. But you can always link to your own hubs by editing your hub. You don't need the link suggestion for that. You can read my hub at http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Basic-Knowledge-About-Flu and then you will know how to link to others or ourselves.

working