jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Surfing

1. Resolver2009 profile image70
    Resolver2009posted 8 years ago

Hey! Just wondered what my fellow hubbers has in terms of surfexperience? Any Kelly Slaters or Layne Bleachleys out there?

Personally, I have surfed since the start of 2005 when I visited the magical kingdom known as Australia. Its just such a fantastic feeling of riding a wave of the purest type of energy, I've tried describing this feeling in one of my hubs by the way.. called "Surfing - The ultimate experience", check it out here if you like: http://hubpages.com/hub/Surfing-The-Ultimate-Experience

Living in Norway I was born with skis on my feet, which gradually evolved into a snowboard when I was about 12, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I am alot better at snowboarding than at surfing.. however, working hard on improving my surfing wink

So, what are your views on surfing and snowboarding? Any good stories to share?

2. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 8 years ago

G'Day Gromet......

Used to live to surf & surfed to live smile

Our waves aren't bad here - NZ
    Our Snowboarding isn't too bad either smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image79
      Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes check out the extreme sports ,specially in Queenstown,New Zealand,theres even a hub about it wink

Surfing oh anything beach is heaven ,cept maybe not in the warmer Anlantic coasts at the moment wink

3. awsydney profile image59
    awsydneyposted 8 years ago

Eaglekiwi, Pearldiver,

Waves in NZ? Really??? I was in Queenstown for my honeymoon and I give it to you guys. It sure is one of the most beautiful places I've been to, extreme sports aside. But surf??? Yeah right! smile smile

Ya dont surf in Queenstown ,you drink lol

1. awsydney profile image59
        awsydneyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yep and drank we sure did at Queenstown and Central Otago - we drank mostly Pinot and Sav Blancs. Drove all over south island for 2 weeks. One of the most memorable holidays ever.

Nah, the pic was taken at Bondi beach in Sydney. I recognise the way it breaks smile

lol damn thats some good Sav alright!

4. Eaglekiwi profile image79
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

http://www.world-guides.com/images/sydney/sydney_surfing.jpg

Just grabbed a quick pic from a Christchurch beach(South Island,NZ) but the North Island generally has the better surf anyway.

You are quite right though awsydney NZ is not like Hawaii when it comes to the BIG surf ,but the beauty of it , if the surfs not up there are like 100 other things to keep that andrenalin pumping!!

How long did you visit NZ for Awsydney? ,how could you have missed the waves lol

working