This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are there hubbers with no hubs? Why do some have so many followers?

1. PDXBuys profile image75
    PDXBuysposted 7 years ago

Why are there hubbers with no hubs?  Why do some have so many followers?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

I don't know the official answer, but based on what I've observed, they are either readers of the site (but not writers) or they are spammers. And the reason they have so many followers is because all THEY do is follow other people. And sometimes hubbers return a follow with a follow.

3. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Gotta agree with M.T. Dremer. Hubbers following each other just because they get followed is basically one big Hubpage circle jerk, but it's common.

4. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

I know a couple who are on here purely to read. Then there are those who are spammers or just playing a game. I came across one who wanted to see if it was possible to make money without publishing a single hub. He has more followers than I do.

5. DIYweddingplanner profile image90
    DIYweddingplannerposted 7 years ago

I have wondered that myself, particularly about the ones who have published one or two hubs and show up in the forums all the time trying to cause problems.  And they know who they are!

working