jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are book reviews worth doing on Hubpages?

1. nakmeister profile image82
    nakmeisterposted 7 years ago

Are book reviews worth doing on Hubpages?

I often write book or film reviews anyway, but what was wondering whether they were worth doing on here?

2. barbergirl28 profile image79
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

There is probably a lot of competition on book and movie reviews, but I do think it is worth doing. After all, you are just putting out your opinion so people can see what others think and make a decision based off that. Who knows, maybe you will do one that doesn't have a different review.

Just remember, if you are posting them elsewhere you can't have duplicate content on Hubpages, so make sure you are writing a new review.

3. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

I think writers should write anything they enjoy. By doing so the writing comes out great and makes it easier for the writers niche. Reviews are great. I actually search hubpages for film reviews every so often. I wish i new how to write about film reviews but that is just not my niche. If you're good at something i say just go for it.

4. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

All depends on who or what you are reviewing I guess, if it's a popular subject or celebrity book or the hot box office hit movie you would probably get a fair response.

Of course not all those who read the Hubs actually respond, which is faintly annoying since you really have no idea what they think about anything...  But most Blog sites have their fair share of lurkers and ghosts.

Of course if you were reviewing my books I say go for it ! .

5. BlissfulWriter profile image65
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

I read a lot and watch a lot of documentary DVDs.   If it is something interesting, I write about it here on HubPages.  It is not a "review" per se.  But you can call it like a  "book report" (like in the days of school).

6. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Yes, they are definitely worth doing! My reviews get most of my income, especially October-December. Non-fiction tends to get more views and sales than fiction, with a few exceptions -- namely the books that are on school reading lists, recommended by Oprah, etc. That said, I also do make sure they're really reviews, I've seen things labeled as reviews that are more sales pitches than anything else. I include my personal opinions and critiques, and do write a number of negative reviews. For these negative reviews, I tend to explain what was bad about it and then list a few things in my ads that might be more to someone's liking if they were considering the book/movie/item I didn't like.

7. bushraismail profile image60
    bushraismailposted 7 years ago

the comments u get is an idea if your hub is good or bad .....so just like gut feeling look at you r hub comment feeling..

working