jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I had to save 2 of my hubs unpublished.

1. sarclair profile image79
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

I had to save 2 of my hubs unpublished.

My hubs said 2 of them were duplicate, and they are not. Why did that happen? How can I address this issue?

2. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Here's the info in the help section on duplicate hubs and what that means. http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

If you still have questions you can email hubpages at team@hubpages.com

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 7 years ago

Could be:

1. You first published them somewhere else and then published them on Hubpages
    2. They have a large percentage of keywords that appear somewhere else,
    3. Your article could have been copied by someone else and published on another site.

Hope this helps, but like Susana S says do contact
    team@hubpages.com for more assistance.

4. weholdthesetruths profile image60
    weholdthesetruthsposted 7 years ago

Bascially, you've written on a popular subject and the algorithm used to test it can't tell what's original. 

If you don't want to fight endless battles, you just can't write about popular subjects.

5. DonDWest profile image62
    DonDWestposted 7 years ago

This is why most of my hubs follow an unorthodox, sarcastic, and personalized style about what is normally very serious subject matters. There's no substitute for being original. Not only do a prefer such a writing style, but it certainly avoids being tagged with the duplicate bug.

The fact of the matter is if you make an article that follows a professional/academic style on a popular subject, there's a good chance someone from a university or popular news media has an article that looks close to the same. Hubpages is a little paranoid over such issues, but it's understandable.

6. sarclair profile image79
    sarclairposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for the useful information.