This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you flag hubs that are just blatant advertising?

1. Wendy S. Wilmoth profile image76
    Wendy S. Wilmothposted 7 years ago

Do you flag hubs that are just blatant advertising?

I see so many that are not articles at all-just ads for things that usually look like scams. I'm wondering how many people flag those when they see them, and how they determine which hubs to flag.

2. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 7 years ago

I focus more on appreciating good works of hubbers though I flag hubs too but rarely if content is extremely promotional or irritating

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Yes, I do -- these are spam, and spam doesn't have any place on a quality writing site. Admin can only do something about it if someone alerts them to its presence, and I certainly don't hesitate to hit the "flag" button whenever I hop across a hub that violates the TOS in any way, including spamming.

4. Wendy S. Wilmoth profile image76
    Wendy S. Wilmothposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice! I'd love to hear from more hubbers!

5. smcopywrite profile image27
    smcopywriteposted 7 years ago

i have seen these hubs. however, i havent started flagging them. i joined over 6 months again but just began to write for hub pages.
    i was considering flagging these and i believe starting today that i will.

6. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I haven't come across any hubs yet that need flagging.

working