jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Traffic returning but not the clicks?

1. LennyP profile image85
    LennyPposted 7 years ago

Traffic returning but not the clicks?

After the "farmer" update I saw a sharp downturn in my traffic and clicks. Since then I have been more diligent about getting outside links and for the most part my traffic has returned. What has not returned is the number of clicks, and the clicks I have had have been for less money. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Bendo13 profile image80
    Bendo13posted 7 years ago

Yeah I noticed this too and it could be for many reasons...

HubPages changed their Adsense layout and there's no way of knowing if it's more efficient without testing it out for a while... so we might get less clicks because of that.

Also, if you turned on the HubPages ad program then there will be more ads on the page which would mean less click throughs since it also displays less Google Ads that normal.

And lastly, people might have noticed that HubPages is a low quality site by Google's terms and that the traffic was falling so either they blocked their ads from showing up here (and we now only get the scrape the bottom for the crappy ads) or Google themselves only displays select ads on this domain.

BUT I have had a couple days where I get a few clicks that bring in a dollar or so each.  But there have been too many days where I only get a handful of cents for a day.. in fact my click through rate this month is .58% when last month it was 1.42%.... and today I got a click, on some random site because it's not coming up as HubPages, but yet I didn't get paid for it?

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I'm still getting about the same on Adsense, but my Amazon sales have been pretty much non-existant -- only one this month -- and usually that's my big earner. I don't know if the new algorithm did something wacky with my targeting, or if people just aren't buying right now. I guess I'll just have to sit tight for a couple months and see what happens smile.

4. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Unfortunately I have no basis for judgement. Any money that I have made on Adsense has been purely random. One day I made $4.04 and then I went days without making a penny. I hope things start leveling out.
    I may not necessarily be hear for the money, but a little extra income would be nice. smile

working