jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Don't you love giving thumbs up to good answers?

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Don't you love giving thumbs up to good answers?

2. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Yup.  I'm particularly careful to keep on top of this at all times for questions I asked.  In that situation I like to vote up all answers that seem to have had some thought put in which give an answer to the original question, even if I don't necessarily agree with the person's point of view. Their opinion/thoughts/ideas is what I asked for, after all! (I've had a few almost incomprehensible answers that I've had to ignore though!)Anyhow, that's just my approach, everyone is different.

On the other hand, if it's a question I *answered* I'll happily vote up any good answers at the time but will freely admit to unfollowing the question if it gets too popular (because then I get too many emails in my inbox telling me about new answers).

3. tritrain profile image85
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

I think it's good for both the giver and receiver to give a compliment.

And thumbs ups are a nice compliment.

4. Joan1 profile image58
    Joan1posted 6 years ago

Yes, it is great to give a thumbs up to show the answer is appreciated.
    And sometimes it feels a bit rude when you answer someones question the best you can, but don't hear/see anything back.
    You try to help someone by answering the question, but sometimes it looks like the question asker doesn't appreciate your answer, which makes it feel like a waste of time to me.

Although I think the thumbs up and down should be blocked in religious questions, because so many thumbs up and down are given because of religious differences or commonalities.
    Which can make the debate more spiteful.

5. MysteryPlanet profile image67
    MysteryPlanetposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do. I always type my own reply first though before reading what others had to say. I realize that means I may repeat what has already been said.

6. profile image0
    andycoolposted 6 years ago

Of course I love it and I do it! I never hesitate to give thumbs up to good answers and this is applicable to hubs also from my part. I vote up good hubs and also F-Like!

I think a sincere person should always encourage good things, in every sphere of life. That's the way to spread love and peace in today's world of violence and insecurity.