jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)

I have an idea for a new challenge.....

1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 8 years ago

How about a 'hub series' challenge? A little like the capstone stuff, so we all have to write say 15 hubs on the same topic in 15 days..... all of which are hyperlinked together to effectively create a 15 part series? I have found that writing on the same topic is great for keeping traffic on your pages, and so can only increase the chances of an organic visitor clicking on an ad.

For example, I could do a 15 part series on 'Famous Serial Killers', although that would be cheating as I have already done 10, but I suppose you get my drift.

What do you all think?

1. frogdropping profile image86
      frogdroppingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good idea. I should have done that with my hubs. I still haven't finished the series. I'm pregnant big_smile

1. profile image0
        rednckwmnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

really? i wondered. so, your almost done the first part....

2. profile image0
        ryankettposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Cool, when are the tadpoles due? Make sure you look out for kids with nets when you finally go to spawn. (and yes, I know that you are really pregnant lol)

I am? OH MY GOD.

I'm pregnant AND another hubber. Or three. Damn. I need to close my knees. And stop whoring in general/round the forums hmm

1. profile image0

Oh ok, your not pregnant then? lol you said it in this thread? good god, this place just confuses me sometimes....

You realise that I never said that you were numerous hubbers, that was in fact you. I just said that you were likely to be an alter ego..... I only said that because somebody said this before. I genuinely believed that you were, I wasn't accusing you of anything. Im not the type of person to give a shit about that anyway, hence the reason I didnt jump on the CabinGirl bandwagon.

Anyway, I havent got time to talk to pregnant alter egos lol laters

I hope I'm not pregnant ryan. I've done my time with kids. Much as I loved being a mummy (and still do and try it on with my grown kids) I don't know that I'd want to start again smile

And I know you didn't accuse. I believe a few think I'm some other hubber that's been around a while. Or at least a writer that's been around. I'm neither. Not even a writer. Never written on any site such as this or any other type before April this year.

If anything I'm a reader. I just have an ability to spell and write coherent sentences wink

1. profile image0

I believe that you are not an alter ego.

Sorry dont worry, you are a non-pregnant non-alter ego, all is good big_smile

Oh great. Then there is a Frog. Should we post our proof in the religious forum?

1. profile image0

No way, I would rather talk to a pregnant frog than go back into that place. There is currently a nutcase claiming that those who see the sky as blue are believers...... it makes me wish that I was some kind of frog or something too.

2. frogdropping profile image86

That made me laugh out loud. I might join your fan club and annoy you now big_smile

3. ethel smith profile image82
        ethel smithposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thought you mught be with all of those Pregnant related hubs. Congrats and hope you are keeping well smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image80
      Daniel Carterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Intriguing....
      I know quarter notes really well. Other stuff is hit and miss. LOL
      (Oh, but I'm a know-it-all in the religion forums.)

I might like this idea....

3. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Great idea Ryankett. Dont know if i can pull it through, but will try. Didn't know i could do the 30-30, but i did. 35-30.
      I think i may be ready for another challenge.
      When do we start? You have such great ideas that helps push some of us along.
      Keep us posted. smile

2. ethel smith profile image82
    ethel smithposted 8 years ago

As to the question about the 15 hubs that sounds kind of interesting.

3. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

I might be wrong, but she is pregnant in her story (hub)! big_smile  hehehe lololol

I'm blogging a series, I wonder how well I could rewrite, hmmmm

4. Kadmiels profile image53
    Kadmielsposted 8 years ago

that seems like a pretty good idea i would be up for the challange.

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

I like the idea...but I was going to do that with ppl's hub if they asked me to anyways. I said in another thread thta if you want to get your story linked to a hub I have posted to email me. so even if they don't do this...pelase send me the link and i'll attatch it one of my hubs with the same topic big_smile You guys should know me...I love helping out ppl.

6. Pr0metheus profile image60
    Pr0metheusposted 8 years ago

I did that with my 4-7th hubs... (I'm falling behind, I have to do like 3 tonight... and my nfl team is on! AHH!)

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Glove-Light-Shows
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Glove-Shows-Han … and-Basics
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Giving-a-Glove- … d-Practice
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Giving-a-Glove- … ight-Shows

There's not much competition for that topic either, so I'm on the 2nd page of google search for "glove light show tutorial" already!
    Unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee traffic.  2 Days ago I had over 100 hits on my 7 hubs and yesterday I had about 40...

1. profile image0

Weekends are ALWAYS slow mate, heads up for that.....

I am on about 900-1000 24 hour views now for weekdays. I had 700 at one stage yesterday, most peoples traffic suffers.... hopefully as winter draws in, we will see weekend traffic rise...

7. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

It goes up and down Pr0metheus. The thing is, once you give google what it needs, your traffic will grow and grow. Organic traffic, seeking info that you may be providing, is the way to do it. More so if it's evergreen.

8. Pr0metheus profile image60
    Pr0metheusposted 8 years ago

That just goes to show you how many slackers are browsing the internet at work!  LOL, cool, that worried me for a minute.  My traffic rate is still pretty low, but I haven't really come up with a way to promote for my site.  I started taking some youtube videos, so I'll probably use those to redirect traffic to my site (maybe I'll even write a hub linking to my youtube - the videos will be similar to my hub content).

9. Dale Mazurek profile image71
    Dale Mazurekposted 8 years ago

It really is a great idea.  The only thing is I have to get off my butt and make a commitment to one of these challenges.

Its tough to do with all my other business stuff plus a full time job in the oil patch.

10. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

Cool idea, ryan. I tend to go by themes a bit anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard to extend the theme from 4 or 5 hubs on a topic in a row to 15.

I hope. smile

working