I'll be posting a brief of each of the team members of the HubChallenge sub-forum. If you need help, get pointed in the right direction, some helpful tips and advice, you can ask these guys.
First up, Ryan!
1. Ryan Hupfer AKA The Hup Challenge
2. Intentions for joining the last HubChallenge back in May: I wanted to take on Court over at The Keyword Academy in a head-to-head match to see who could earn the most from publishing 100 Hubs in 30 Days and he basically left me in the dust after day one. He published 100 Hubs and ended up generating nearly $500 in the first month. Me, on the other hand, I ended up publishing only 18 Hubs (I had shoulder surgery during that time) and generated just under $20 in my first month. Yeah, I think he won.
3. Results from the last HubChallenge: While I only generated a little bit of earnings, I learned a lot about how to write Hubs so that they have better potential and I got a huge kick out of seeing the rest of the HubPages community rally together and really rock it out.
4. A screenshot of stats...
5. Expectations for this new HubChallenge and why you're excited to be part of the team that gets to launch it off with a bang: I'm ready to give this whole HubChallenge thing another go round and honestly, this time around I'm happy that I'm only dedicating myself to writing 30 Hubs as opposed to 100. But, getting 30 good Hubs out the door will still be a challenge and will be very time consuming. For some reason I can't tone down my Hubbing quality or standards, even when I'm on a deadline, so I'm really going to have to get after it.
1. Glen AKA Darkside's profile
2. Intentions for joining the last HubChallenge back in May -
I like a challenge, particularly one that pits me against... me. I aimed for 100 in 30 days, but seriously, who was I kidding? At the half way stage when I was at 15 hubs I figured that 30 was far more achievable. Not only that but I was happy with the quality too. 30 quality hubs in 30 days is doable, provided you've got a few hours a day to invest.
3. Results from the last HubChallenge: I had seen a rise in traffic leading up to the HubChallenge due to my output, but I saw a noticeable jump coincide with the launch of the HubChallenge. This could be due to both my tweeting and also traffic I personally didn't acquire but was coming to hubpages.com due to the increased awareness because of the competition. Not only that but my Adsense earnings have increased by 300% from that moment on.
4. A screenshot of stats...
5. Expectations for this new HubChallenge and why you're excited to be part of the team that gets to launch it off with a bang: I've got a few hubs I want to get done for the love of it. So I'm not chasing top dollar keywords. I'm also doing another capstone series (my fourth) on a topic that's very familiar to me but I've never really covered before. If I see more traffic that will be great, if I see an increase in revenue the same as I did last time then I'll be both surprised and delighted. I'm also like to help people learn new things and breaking it down into easy and understandable steps.
1. Julie-Ann's profile
2. Intentions for joining the last HubChallenge back in May: None actually other than to do it! I’m just an absolute sucker for a dare and seeing that Darkside and a few others were going for 100 I just wanted to have a go and see if it was possible.
3. Results from the last HubChallenge: My traffic went up by a fair bit. Yes, that’s “a bit vague”, isn’t it? Well I’m NOT being coy but I’m a writer not an internet marketer and I don’t really know all the good stuff about picking sublime keywords and I really am just having a go. Looking at my google analytics (which is rather a hit and miss event to say the least) I’d GUESS my traffic doubled. I’ve got about 300 hubs live now and 100 in the challenge, so increased my no of hubs by 30% (I did the full 100 in 30 days) and that pushed traffic up by 50% more or less immediately. That’s good enough for me and I’m sure someone will be able to do one of those clever graphs of it that show it better (and do please show me how!)
4. A screenshot of stats...
5. Expectations for this new HubChallenge and why you're excited to be part of the team that gets to launch it off with a bang: I’m excited to be part of the team. I expect this HubChallenge to be much better for me as I won’t randomly be posting content. I’m actually planning a series of 30 hubs all on one theme, so that may inspire better linking and even might attract a following – who knows? I could certainly use more page views. I also think it’s important to encourage people to do pages when they’re new and help them avoid mistakes. I made so many mistakes at the beginning that I have a lot of hubs that do pretty much zilch traffic, and I need to spend the time at some stage to revamp those and give them a huge makeover! It’d be good to think I helped other people not go to all that effort for nothing!
There was a lot of talk about internet marketers taking over the community at HubPages and hubs being “affiliate hubs” during and after the last challenge. I didn’t find that helpful at all. There also seemed to be a general opinion that the only way you could do the challenge was by posting “inferior hubs” – which I really resent. I killed myself making sure ALL my hubs were of the same quality as always, and I know some other people did likewise. It’ll be good to show (again) that 30 quality hubs not stuffed full of affiliate links in 30 days is very achievable.
1. Trekkiemelissa AKA Melissa's profile
2. Intentions for joining the last HubChallenge back in May: I really was not thinking of the money. It is the challenge in itself that interested me in that challenge. I have fun with challenges. I am always up for a challenge when the opportunity rises.
3. Results from the last HubChallenge: I had a rise in traffic that month, but also prior to the challenge, I had been publishing 2 hubs a day the week or two
4. A screenshot of stats...
My stats are not that drastic. They rose during that month, but went down afterwards but are a tad higher than the previous months.
5. Expectations for this new HubChallenge and why you're excited to be part of the team that gets to launch it off with a bang: I hope to make more hubs, Challenges are something I like because they push you to do more than you expected. I hope to finish this time with 30 or more hubs. I believe quality and quantity don't have to suffer. You don't have to neglect quality over quanity. Both can work together if you let it. The one thing I will always say; have fun.
1. Wayne Tully AKA Waynet
2. Intentions for joining the last HubChallenge back in May: The reason why I did the hubchallenge last time was to increase my traffic with a good effort, although I tried for the 100 hubpages, I only managed 42, but that in itself was enough to increase my traffic, in fact it tripled from what it previously was.
3. Results from the last HubChallenge: I am now averaging over 900 hub views a day, this has certainly proved it for me to give this hubchallenge another go, but to aim for adsense earnings this time around, to see if I can increase my earnings too, because from the last hubchallenge my earning increased slightly, but I didn't really do any keyword research, so this time around I have already done pretty much all of the research for my intended hubpages, just have to write them.
4. A screenshot of stats...
5. Expectations for this new HubChallenge and why you're excited to be part of the team that gets to launch it off with a bang: This time around I hope to help others with my experience in doing the last hubchallenge and just get involved on my own misson too to complete my hubchallenge.
1. KCC Big Country's profile
2. Intentions for joining the last HubChallenge back in May: I really like challenges, especially writing challenges. I wanted to put some variety into my hub categories and experiment with what would boost my Adsense earnings. The HubChallenge was just what I needed to motivate me. I committed to 30, but ended up doing 36 in 22 days.
3. Results from the last HubChallenge: My results from the May-June HubChallenge were nothing short of incredible! I average 3 times as many daily pageviews now over the months prior to the challenge. I will reach my first Adsense payout this week. I doubled my earnings in June over all the months prior (Oct-May). I know many had concerns about quantity over quality, but I truly feel some my best hubs were written during the HubChallenge. I saw my first 100 hubber scores during the HubChallenge and continue to see it fairly often.
4. A screenshot of stats...
5. Expectations for this new HubChallenge and why you're excited to be part of the team that gets to launch it off with a bang: I'm extremely pleased to be a part of this team heading up this new launch! You can play around on HubPages, or you can get serious and write some quality hubs, or you can do both! The key is, you just have to do it! Why not become a part of the Challenge and tap into the synergy of a group doing it. All of the hubtivity and links and backlinks create such a frenzy that is hard to surpass. Let's get started!!!
UPDATE(10-06-09): Meet the newest addition to the HubChallenge Team!
1. Nelle Hoxie
2. Intentions for joining the last HubChallenge: I joined the first HubChallenge in my second month at Hubpages when it was 100 Hubs in 30 days because I really wanted to learn how to write an effective sales hub and decided the best way to do that was to write a whole bunch of Amazon hubs. I ended up writing 50 hubs in one month and then 50 hubs the next month. Then I settled into writing at least one hub a day. My goal became to write 200 Amazon sales hubs so I could understand how to sell a lot of stuff quickly. I met that goal last month.
I've been so pleased with the results of those challenges and the resulting Amazon sales and income, that I decided to apply the same strategy to learning how to promote Ebay. So I joined KCC's October challenge with the goal of writing at least 50 Ebay sales hubs this month, and eventually writing 200 Ebay hubs.
3. Results from the last HubChallenge: It's hard for me to break down the results of the last challenge because I really just keep writing hubs. But I've made at least $100 from my hub channels each month starting in my second month here; and I've made quite a bit more than that from Amazon every month. Even though Ebay raised it's threshold to $25 last month, I made that payout as well. My traffic has stayed at consistent levels because I've been writing lots of seasonal hubs. So my barbecue and air conditioning hubs have cooled off but my Halloween hubs are picking up.
4. A screenshot of stats...
5. Expectations for this new HubChallenge and why you're excited to be part of the team that gets to launch it off with a bang: I've seen for myself the income levels that can be reached at HubPages in a short time and I'm excited to be part of a process that can help others start to make substantional additional income. For the past 10 years, I've made my living online and used a lot of different affiliate programs. Hubpages is the most exciting platform that I've found during those 10 years. I am astonished at the amount of Google and Yahoo traffic that is possible here and the resulting sales. The HubChallenge is the best way for people to learn how to monetize hubs with their own writing and marketing style.
During the past 10 years in online marketing, I have gotten up each morning, made some coffee - sat on my couch, and written sales and marketing copy, all by myself. But now at Hubpages, I've got bunches of Hubber friends to share with. It's a very different experience for me, and I'm really enjoying it. So I was thrilled when Ryan emailed me and asked if I would be a member of the HubChallenge team. I've gotten to know lots of Hubbers and I'm hoping that this new team effort will help me meet even more.
Thanks for this information, Darkside. I had no idea these hubbers were on the team as well.
What an awesome team, eh?
Can we get a round of applause?
OK, now get back to work!
You guys made these forums too addictive for people like me to go back to work. Wonder if you can back me so that I can somehow concentrate on writing some hubs for the upcoming challenge...
Take a bow!clearly there are some phenomenal writers in here. Inspirational to a newbie like myself.
[claps in large circles....]
Dang, I have such a big list of hub ideas, but I only work three jobs! But where there's a will, there's a way. And I did publish 5 new hubs in about 5 days... Here's to hoping I can quit at least one of the others soon...
Congrats Nellie and everyone else!
The results are so encouraging! I will come back and re-read if I'm feeling burned out and discouraged.
I'm really impressed! Looking at everyone's graphs shows that this challenge works for everyday hubbers! The curves speak for themselves, so what are you waiting for?
Get hubbing and watch your stats rise!
Doesn't it give you goosebumps to see everyone's graphs?! It can only get better from here! Good job fellow hubbers! These graphs say it all. The last Hub Challenge has made all the difference in my success here.
And we're pretty much spread across the globe so we can answer queries quickly between us...
Great team, nothing but the best, I might be tempted to take part this time!
Ooooo! If you join I wonder how that will effect the HubMob topics? :p
great clip ! thanks for bringing a smile to my face !
One thing I have notice mostly is that when we do publish a hub, the amount of traffic does go up even if its just a small amount.
We all spread out which is good. There usually should be one or two of us to answer any questions or just to get you motivated in some way.
Think I gotta make a challenge to myself!
It will be interesting to see what our hub view stats look like in a month or two down the line after this hubchallenge again...we could update this thread with the new stats images to compare against our beginning ones.....oooh exciting!!
It is definitely amazing how the stats change when we apply ourselves and our HP Challengers have shown that. Thank you DS and HP Challenge Team. Hopefully inspiration will be contagious now Congratulations and good luck with the next challenge you rock!
I think I'll give the challenge a try. 30 hubs in 30 days ad infinitum, huh?
Awesome, Ecoggins! Have you read the 'rules'? http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17849
You might skim the other forum posts under this sub-forum "30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallengers" since a lot of questions have been answered in things people bring up. But, if you still have questions, you can holler at any of us on the HubChallenge team by posting a question here or emailing us. The link to email us is on our profile page.
Great team for the hubchallenge, and incredible source of information to learn from, kudos everyone
Thank you Oderog!
As simplistic as what I'm about to say is.....I want my fellow hubbers to think about this.
What you're doing TODAY will determine what your pageview graph looks like tomorrow. What are YOU doing today to make your pageviews climb? Some of you may have other reasons for writing, and that's ok too. But, if you're interested in pageviews and/or Adsense revenue, you have to work at it. You have to realize people don't just show up at your hub by accident, well some do...but for the most part, they came to your hub because of something YOU did right. Analyze what you're doing right and do more of it.
Wow, sounds like a great challenge. Thank you for putting this on. It will be good fun.
I missed my 12'0'clock deadline again today! Just published hub 2 of 30, updated my profile and got some fans so it has been a very productive day all the same. I have also noticed everyone else really embracing the challenge I have read some really great hubs, congratulations! Looking forward to tomorrow.
You're doing great! Don't get wound up about the clock, seriously. Just keep a steady pace and you'll do fine. I agree, we have a lot of enthusiastic participants!
Hi again, thank you for today your advice was very helpful and much appreciated. I hope you like my new picture, I didn't know what else to put up. Also I read some of your hubs today they are very good! I know I should not get so hung up over time but I work better under pressure, this challenge has really helped me focus, it's a great incentive.
I want to join but how? I dont even know what is tweet all about hehehe...
You have a formidable team here eh... I hope this would be fun...
HEY! - Another great HubPages Team! I am so glad all you good people are on the HubChallenge Team. Best wishes and success to you and to all of us. I hope you have fun!
How do you get the Avatar i took the hub challenge avitarfrom ? Id like to add it to my hubs ?
I assume you mean the HubChallenge logos? They are here:
Hi K C Big County,
thanks for you quick response & answer I just posted the first one to my hub "my experience as a Olympic Games volunteer"
many thanks !
You're welcome! Be sure to post your links in this thread only (http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049) when you're through with them. Most people are bundling them and posting 3-4 at a time. Put the day of the challenge you're on (since everyone is on their own timeline)
Another thing that helps, is to trip off the excess on replies, like I did on yours here. Just keeps everything tidier. No biggie. Glad to be helpful. You doing ok?
I guess I could add......sometimes you need the string so that the answer is understandable.
These are my latest stats. The first Hub Challenge is marked with the blue arrow and the latest Hub Challenge with the red one.
That's great KCC!
We can only expect the traffic to increase and now that ebay is saved for our earning, we can try and increase our earnings too......whhooohooo!
Ok am reposting this here - stuck it in the links thread which was silly of me!
I'm at 13 in 7 so I've bought myself a little wiggle room if things get busy later in the 30 days...
And traffic's good.
This seems as good a place as any to show traffic stats so people can see the challenge is working. See below - the blue arrow is when I started the last HubChallenge. The red arrow is Friday when I started THIS HubChallenge. (The huge spike by the way is when one of my pages was on the yahoo home page for 24 hrs! Nothing I did!)
I'm not a team member but so far in this challenge my traffic has kept going up since day one. It's not much but then again I've only written 10 hubs.
Thanks It really shows that publishing daily makes a difference, just like with a blog.
Thanks for sharing Uninvited Writer! Congrats on your 100 hubberscore too! Publishing often helps tremendously. It's a momementum that gets easier to keep once you get into that groove. Your spike in pageviews is awesome!
Ok I'm at about 24 of 30 so far in 15 days, and traffic has gone up by 500 page views a day. So far.
Just an update.
My postin of new hubs will be sporadic because I'm doing some behind-the-scenes stuff at the moment and some home stuff, but I'm trying to average one a day when possible.
Im up to thirteen hubs. My traffic has doubled faily consistenlt since i started the challenge. in other word up 100% since day 1
OK I've now done 30 in 30 days, and on 23rd, Sunday it will be the 30 days up for me.
So far, traffic has increased.
Taking my numbers from google analytics rather than hubpages, (and bearing in mind there are still 3 days to go for the last hubs to "bed down" with search engines) I've seen this:
23 July the day before challenge, my analytics (rightly or wrongly) was showing an average of 8000 hits a week, but it was increasingly slowly. That's gone up to over 10,000 hits a week.
My Adsense income in the same period has increased by around 50%. Of course, a lot of that is growth that will come month on month anyway with 30 hubs live.
I've now decided to commit to publishing a hub per 2 days - heaven knows I've plenty of material for it.
Pesky clients wanting me to do them hubs and squidoo lenses is draining my time, but if 1 per 2 days on an ongoing basis isn't possible I'll shift my targets and shoot for 1 per 3 days!
What happens when I forget what number I am on. HELP It would take forever to go through all those pages. LOL
30 hubs in 30 days just made it by the skin of my teeth. Quite rewarding really having to post a page of varied content each day. some days I felt as though I could publish two or three but didn't other days I felt too exhausted and published two the following day within minutes or hopurs of each other. I've learned a few things Not had that much tie to read nmany other hubs but hope to do so in the coming weeks. To those that read my Hubs for the first time I thank you and to those regulars I thank you for sticking with me...
by for now !
Jeez - now that I've said I'll do it, I'll really do it - but maybe I'm out of my league? I'm a little OCD about all this right now - going to extremes just really appeals. So without using drugs or other substances and without hiring a ghost writer I will still be able to get to sleep at night, for maybe 4 or 5 hours at least? Hopefully so. You guys with 1000's of hubs - do you just write all day? and night?
Hey mega I've just finished the challenge. I started mine as many others have - just picked a day. Anyway, I've realised (now) that I've done the whole shebang in two weeks. I just got stuck in. I didn't write all day every day and over half that I've published I didn't have in mind at the start.
Once I got going I just sort of stumbled into things. Then wrote about them. I published in lumps, pretty much as I'd finished them and then that was it, I'd finished. And I slept well, no ghost writers
And don't think you have to get 30 out. That's the aim. If you don't manage 30, it's fine. If you need any help, just ask around this forum or use the search facility or help sub-forum.
Congrats frog! Do you think you will rest now?
You did very well Frogdropping! Congrats! Isn't it cool that once you're in the mindset, things just start to pop into place? More topics spring up as you're in that mode. To me, that's the best part of the challenge. You could sit all day and try to come up with topics and think of nothing, but get the ball rolling and....boom....here they come. It's an energy that feeds on itself. Gives me goosebumps just talking about it. Excuse me, I need to go write a hub....LOL
Hi, I want to join the 30 day hub challenge. Do I start writing and simply state that this is my intention?
I Am fairly new here and actually would like to start the challenge, but don't know where to even start. Do I have to sign up or just post an article (Hub) each day for at least 30 days?
Hey guys, to join the 30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge all you need to do is annouce your intentions somewhere in the main forum (feel free to start a new thread) and then get to writing!
Also, as the HubChallengers are moving along, many of them are posting links to their latest Hubs and what number they're currently on over here in this forum post: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049
Good luck with the HubChallenge and be sure to let us know if you have any questions!
Seeing others results is always a good motivation , I think the first four graphs are a good motivation for people who are on the sideline.
Check out (and welcome) the latest HubChallenge Team member, Nelle!
http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17940#post268022 << Her bio (scroll down below KCC Big Country's bio)
Julie-Ann, I think I am ready to take the challenge. Thanks for inviting me.
this is kinda hard...especially when in the military haha
by Robin Edmondson3 years ago
Hello Hubbers. We are very excited to announce a week long challenge. Check out our Blog post for more information! Good luck!
by Haunty8 years ago
I write 5 hubs a day. 2 of them are quality hubs that I enjoy writing and put my most effort to, the rest are there to share some kind of information I think is interesting. But these are not as good and I actually...
by AbFreak1012 years ago
i have around 12 hubs and im making maybe 10 cents a day.Who here makes at least $100 a month and how many hubs do you have
by Susan W3 years ago
Since I haven't written here for over four weeks I want to establish a writing routine again. I find it difficult to establish a routine unless I make it official. So to get going with writing hubs again, I am embarking...
by John3 months ago
Dear Friends,I need your opinion on a serious problem which Im facing. Despite writing many hubs of high quality and unique content, I dont see any of hubs listed in google results.Note that I have about 50 featured...
by Tessa Schlesinger21 months ago
As fast as I'm trying to fix up hubs that are unfeatured, the problem isn't that there is something wrong with them, but that they are being unfeatured as a result of lack of traffic. Isn't this short sighted? Some...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.