jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are backlinks exactly and how do u dd to hubpages t o increase traffic?

1. Maltese-er profile image60
    Maltese-erposted 7 years ago

What are backlinks exactly and how do u dd to hubpages t o increase traffic?

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

A backlink is a link that is at another site that is the url to your hub. You can join different sites to add your backlink. Redgage and She Told Me allow this and are good places and pay you.

It is  a good idea to get an account at some of the other writing sites such as Squidoo and Infobarrel. Write articles and then backlink to your site.

There are many other sites where you can do this also. Just look it up in the hubpages search. Several hubbers have written articles about this topic.

3. tritrain profile image84
    tritrainposted 7 years ago

Backlinks serve several purposes.

1)They have the potential to direct traffic from the linking website or page, assuming there are people there to follow the link.

2)The search engines consider backlinks to be a "vote" for the site or page in which they are linking.

3)Since search engines rank pages/sites based upon factors, including the number/quality of backlinks, the page/site will rank higher on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).  By being highly ranked for various specific search terms, you could see a great deal of traffic.  Search Engines are typically the best source of traffic.

4. wytegarillaz profile image75
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

I get viewers from facebook, twitter , stumble upon & kooday , I earn every week from kooday so I really enjoy it , have ahub about it. if you answer questions at yahoo answers you can leave a link to a hub on the subject !

5. Maltese-er profile image60
    Maltese-erposted 7 years ago

thanks for the information,

wytegarillaz - do u have to pay to put links on kooday?

6. BlissfulWriter profile image65
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

If I link to myself from one of my hub to another of my hub, is that good of a backlinking?

working