jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is Google Panda?

1. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

What is Google Panda?

I keep hearing about how bad it is, but I don't even know what it is...?

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image98
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

It is either a cuddly little bear cub, or a vicious maneater, depending on who you speak to!  ;-)

(It's actually a change in the google algorithm that had a detrimental effect on webistes such as HubPages!)

3. profile image0
    Richard Stephenposted 6 years ago

Google Panda, I believe, is the project name for a change in the Google algorithm that produces the search results you see when doing a Google search.  You keep hearing about it because it has been quite controversial. 

Under the new algorithm, many previously high ranking sites took huge hits and fell very far in the search rankings.  This can result in a huge loss of traffic to the site if that is how a site gets most its traffic.  Some sites have seen a drop in traffic as high as 95%.  Research shows that HubPages may have lost as much as 85% traffic since Panda went live.

It is controversial not only because of this but also because one of the companies hardest hit happens to be invovled in a law suit in the European Union against Google.  Naturally, they and many others are crying foul!  Hope this helsp.

4. zoey24 profile image74
    zoey24posted 6 years ago

You can go to the hubpage forum where 'Google Panda' is widely talked about at the moment. Google Panda has caused many of my hubs that were previously at the top of google search to fall behind articles with not much relevance to what i have actualy googled, i have also lost a lot of traffic from it.

5. mikicagle profile image90
    mikicagleposted 6 years ago

Thanks for asking this question. I was wondering the same thing. Richard Stephen explained it well.

6. AmrilRadzman profile image62
    AmrilRadzmanposted 6 years ago

i still don't get it, how u obtain traffic without single hubs?

7. Tamila Roberts profile image34
    Tamila Robertsposted 6 years ago

I think Google made it harder for spam to get through leaving more place for the real user-friendly quality content.

8. rharper profile image76
    rharperposted 6 years ago

According to the Social Media Examiner, Bing and Facebook was giving Google a stiff challenge in the social media, so Google had to improve their listing of social media sites. 

Also, it's another attempt to stop the Googlebombing by content farms.  The changes had unexpected results.