jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone else getting strange very long comments on your Hubs.....

1. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Anyone else getting strange very long comments on your Hubs.....

that are unrelated to the article and about something altogether different?  This particular Hubber has hit the same Hub twice with these diatribes.

2. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Hi duffsmom, I haven't had these on my own hubs but have seen them on other peoples. Some of them are really freaky and unbalanced! If they are becoming a nuisance I would report it to the Hub Pages team, perhaps there could be a way to block the person responsible?

3. justom profile image69
    justomposted 6 years ago

I've not had any but I'd be interested to hear anyone's rant. Life is full of unusual things.

4. Krysanthe profile image93
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

I haven't seen any either.  If it's bothersome to you just don't accept the comment.  Then at least it won't show up for everyone else to see.

5. Annasea profile image61
    Annaseaposted 6 years ago

I'm new to Hubs, but on another site a group of jokesters would conspire to pick someone at random and on the same day comment on one of their photos with comments that had nothing to do with the photo.
    I'm ashamed to say we did it to drive people up a tree, but we were not malicious in any way, and the things we wrote were funny and even poetic. Just entirely off-point.
    Sometimes the person 'got it' and then we'd let him or her in on the joke and offer them a place in our little troll group.
    Now, this was years ago, before big spamming bots were a problem. I don't know if it would be considered good clean fun today.

6. shanaya profile image75
    shanayaposted 6 years ago

Hello Ma'am!
    I havn't had any yet but if he/she bothering you alot then just don't accept their comments.
    Try it.smile

7. pork22 profile image70
    pork22posted 6 years ago

They are probably spammers, posting random text with links to their site. I've had a few and marked them as spam. They do it to try to get links to their site for SEO purposes.

8. johncimble profile image51
    johncimbleposted 6 years ago

is that probably called spam i thinks!?

9. sairakhan profile image36
    sairakhanposted 6 years ago

I haven't yet recieved any such comments.But if you are having this kind of problem then just don't give response to their comments and don't accept them.They will stop doing this after some time