jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Is anyone else getting spam messages on their hubs?

1. btrbell profile image91
    btrbellposted 3 years ago

Is anyone else getting spam messages on their hubs?

In the past couple of hours, I received three comments on 3 random hubs of mine. The comments have nothing to do with my hubs. I looked up the ip addresses. Two were from the Netherlands. One was from Qatar.

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

No, not on any hubs. However, just received one on a forum post about joining a cult and what all you get if you join! Crazy

btrbellposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It is really strange. I just got another one and they don't even make sense. There don't seem to be links to redirect me or anything like that.

3. t aaron brown profile image74
    t aaron brownposted 3 years ago

Yes, I have. Spam is out there. I've received some bitter trollish comments too.

I'm sorry you are getting them, too. Do you mark them as spam?

4. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 3 years ago

Hi Randi,  yes, I've had a few spams on my hubs.  They were very general and each contained a code at the end.

That's the thing that troubles me. There is no code or link so what's the purpose?

5. bac2basics profile image91
    bac2basicsposted 3 years ago

Over the years I have had quite a few spam messages on a hub about loved one´s in spirit. They are very long comments, but all promoting what comes across as a witch doctor would you believe. I have hit the delete button on them all but as far as I know this hasn´t taken them off my hubs.

It's so strange, Anne. All of mine came within 24 hours on 4 different hubs with different messages and no links.

6. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i still get those spam unrelated comments in my old hubs, just click spam or delete forever

btrbellposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

7. tlcs profile image48
    tlcsposted 3 years ago

I can't answer the question, however, peachy, where is the spam or delete forever button please?

btrbellposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is at the bottom of the comment bubble. There will be 2 choices "approve: or "deny" If you choose deny, it will give you the option to choose "spam" or "delete forever"

2. tlcs profile image48
      tlcsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

ahhh. Thank you.

working