jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Duplicate hub

1. xanzacow profile image70
    xanzacowposted 6 years ago

Duplicate hub

It seems most of my new hubs lately are flagged as duplicates. How do I write a hub, and not get flagged. New information is very hard to attain with the internet being such as it is....what do you do?

2. jennshealthstore profile image89
    jennshealthstoreposted 6 years ago

If you write the article using most of your own words then it should not be a duplicate.

3. xanzacow profile image70
    xanzacowposted 6 years ago

I tried, but I guess this is not easy when your subject is not so diverse. I am coming to realize that health subjects are not good hub material, cuz, facts are the same no matter who writes it.

4. Steph Harris profile image60
    Steph Harrisposted 6 years ago

I will admit I do write for another article site, Helium, and sometimes I do post an article to Hubpages if I am interested enough in the subject. I always totally rewrite the article, a thesaurus comes in very handy on these occasions and then I run it through a plagiarism checker. Just to make sure. I find that doing this sorts out most problems. Hope my answer was helpful.

5. HERBERT ubaldo profile image58
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

Hubpages team is a very resourceful team so when you write something came from an internet sites they can detect it easily. So, just write your own....

6. carrierichard profile image64
    carrierichardposted 6 years ago

I would say use copyscape before posting your articles to hub.

7. knowledgeispowerr profile image57
    knowledgeispowerrposted 6 years ago

Try to be real and also try to write your own articles. Infact i also seems the same problem while i know that all the wording is mine. But i also try to remove all the mistakes from my articles, so now i am not facing this problem..

8. Time Spiral profile image87
    Time Spiralposted 6 years ago

Make sure your hubs do not have identical capsules in them. For instance, let's say you have three articles, one about corn, one about apple pie, and the other about ginger root. They are all different and original, but in each one you have a, "About: Xanzacow section" and it is exactly the same on each hub.

This is bad.

You could be flagged for duplicate content and the publication will be blocked. This may not be the issue, but it's worth checking.

9. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 6 years ago

thanks for @carrierichard for leading me to the site copyscape.

Sometimes ago, I wrote one hubpage and for some reason I deleted the same.  Later after a week or so, I put up the same content, then it was marked as duplicate!

Is there a way that we can tell and prove that certain article is ours, but only it is published in another place as well!