jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does the time of day you post a Hub effect the amount of views?

1. LVidoni5 profile image81
    LVidoni5posted 6 years ago

Does the time of day you post a Hub effect the amount of views?

It seems if I post my hubs too late PST they don't seem to get the views if I posted it at 6 or 7, have you found this the case? Also the new layout seems to give me much fewer views... It's been a bummer how much clicks have declined since the new layout, so I'm trying to find every way I can to increase them.

2. Bukarella profile image84
    Bukarellaposted 6 years ago

I don't know the official statistics, but I do believe that not only the time of day, but also the weekday matters in how many views your hub will receive initially. I do believe that the quality of it still matters, but timing things correctly can give a boost as well.

I could be wrong on all accounts, though. This is just an instinct. I've been around only for 2 weeks.

3. cydro profile image87
    cydroposted 6 years ago

I agree with Bukarella.  I think time of day does affect it.  I'm guessing most of that initial traffic comes from hopping and/or the category "latest" hubs.  So it would be logical if more people were on hubpages then you would receive more traffic

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

From recent posts by more experienced hubbers and on my own experience: Hubs that are posted between 9:00am to 4:00pm do better, with Monday thru Thursday being the better days. Saturday and Sunday being the slowest, and Friday being a toss up (Based on US data)

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

Since my views comes from 100% Referring Sites, 0% Search Engines, 0% Direct Traffic it does not effect my views at all as they are slowly being processed through 100% Referring Sites Traffic which is the best highest quality traffic to your hubs in my opinion because it is working just fine with my views of 26 visits and 45 page views and a ever total page views 3064 and 186 monthly views with an average 1021 views per hub for my 3 hubs in 13 months along with 697 Page Impressions on Google Adsense for my article " Daily Nuggets Moment AMBASSADOR BRANDON BUTLER " Any time is a good time when you get 100% Referring Sites, 0% Search Engines, 0% Direct Traffic to your hubs. Just the facts on June 28, 2011 A.D. Thank You.

6. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Yeah, posted new content on Sunday morning is not really a good idea.  It will fall to the bottom of the "new" hubs by the Monday evening internet rush.

7. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

Some good suggestions here, always learn something new to improve my stay on Hubpages. Thanks guys!

Although I do agree you will get more initial views, I don't think that has much of an affect in the long run. If you have a quality hub, it should get somewhat popular after a while anyway.

working