jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is traffup now identified as a traffic exchange and banned by hubpages?

1. Rob Winters profile image86
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

Is traffup now identified as a traffic exchange and banned by hubpages?

Received an automated warning on a hub threatening to unpublish it due to traffic being from a traffic exchange.Traffup's the only think i've tried that may qualify so I have disabled it but I am curious.Traffup had been recommended by a no. of diff hubbers so i'd assumed it was ok here, didn't know it was considered a traffic exchange - perhaps there's been a change.Anyone else experience this or know anything about it?Thanks Rob.

2. javaoverride profile image61
    javaoverrideposted 6 years ago

Yes that site is a traffic exchange site and is not allowed, you can always setup a free webpage fill it with links to your hubs with a bit of text using your key words and put that on traffic exchange site wink

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

It's hard to say, many hubbers use it and have been doing so for months, including me and up to date I have not received any warnings. As far as being a traffic exchange...human eyes look at your pages and humans decide on which link to view. If anyone has a problem with that then why not just ban Shetoldme, Redgage, and lets see....Oh yea about a dozen more sites.

4. Rob Winters profile image86
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

Thanks Luis - I had been using it for several weeks before the warnings appeared but javaoverride may be correct as the warnings have disappearred since i disabled traffup (i changed nothing else). It does seem strange that yourself & others have not recieved the same warnings (at least i've not heard about anyone else). Thanks guys, hopefully others may report either  way wether they've been warned etc. or if they've another explanation. Seems odd and would like to know if i can reactivate it etc.I posted a similar q on the forums 3 days ago but only 1 response so far - looks like others haven't experienced this yet.

5. RishiKS profile image58
    RishiKSposted 6 years ago

I agree with Luis here. Traffup is not an automatic traffic exchange website. It allows you to choose the website you want to view. You are not forced to view a website automatically. Plus, all the information about the website is provided upfront, which helps in bringing relevant traffic on your websites, blogs, or hubs.

HP should understand that traffic exchange websites are not a problem. And only automatic traffic exchange websites should be banned.

It's both unfair and unjust on the part of HP.

6. seriousnuts profile image68
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

I had been using traffup for a while. I wasn't aware of any automated warning until a fellow hubber asked me about it. I checked my hubs and there I saw the warning. I quickly disabled the hubs related to traffup, and after a while, the warning was gone. I haven't realized that traffup was illegal as many hubbers do recommend it. I even gained some followers from outside sources and they would even comment on my hubs from time to time. Without traffup, my traffic was greatly affected. I am now exploring other social bookmarking sites such as Digg.

7. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Oh my. I'm glad I read this. I just signed up for traffup, but I disabled any links to HubPages to make sure I'm not violating the rules and will just use it for other things.

Thanks!

Lori

working