Traffup Now Banned by Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Rob Winters profile image76
    Rob Wintersposted 12 years ago

I started using traffup a while back as it was recommended by a no. of different hubbers. It can definitely get you some quick page views although i don't think they tend to be quality traffic. Noticed an automatic warning on my hubs the other day about 'not using a traffic exchange to get traffic and that my hubs were at risk of being unpublished'. I wasn't aware that traffup qualified as a traffic exchange but there's nothing else i do that could qualify - i've disabled traffic from this site to be on the safe side. Anyone else experience this or know whether traffup is now prohibited on hubpages? Is this a new development?Thought i'd check here first as you guys are much quicker on the response times :-)

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I saw it recommended by TWO different Hubbers, while others warned that it was a traffic exchange.  Using sites like Traffup has never been allowed on HubPages.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Any and all traffic exchanges are not allowed. That's about all I know of it.

3. RishiKS profile image61
    RishiKSposted 12 years ago

Its a pity that you can't post a link of traffup.net on hubpages. Traffup.net is such a good website. Its not an automatic traffic exchange website. People have a choice of what they want to view and what not. It's more like a social bookmarking website. Plus you get free twitter followers and retweets facility, free of cost.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A site doesn't have to be automated to be classified as a traffic exchange.

A traffic exchange is any site which is designed to artificially create traffic by getting members to click on each other's websites.

4. Rob Winters profile image76

I agree with you RishiKS.It seems to be getting lumped in with somewhat dissimilar sites. I wonder if it has anything to do with hubpages not wanting to pay out for HPADS pageviews for traffic they deem to be of a lower quality than say organic traffic.I haven't ever had HPADS activated but then it seems blanket bans are de rigueur.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Put the words "traffup" and "Google adsense" into Google and READ what is said.

Google Adsense themselves admit your account is at risk by using this program.

This is great program for those selling products with no Adsense on their sites.

Hubpages is an Adsense site. Even if you have no account to lose, Hubpages do, and they take responsibility for your hubs, that you wrote, and you use, 40% of the time it is up there.

This has NOTHING to do the HPads, and EVERYTHING to do with Google Adsense.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

It looks like a traffic exchange to me.

6. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago
  7. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

It seems to work in a similar way to Twiends from what I can see, although Twiends doesn't send traffic directly to your website, it adds followers to your Twitter. However I don't use Twiends these days.

The visitors to this site are given incentive to view your website with bonus points, so it is to be assumed that the majority aren't really choosing to view you out of interest.

8. Rob Winters profile image76

Thanks for that information Izzy, i wasn't aware of that and can see how that makes perfect sense. I am still puzzled as to why some other hubbers have reported not having recieved any warnings despite having used and continuing to use traffup.

Whilst of less significance, i do think it would also make sense for hubpages not to want to be paying out for views from 'on average' less genuine traffic as would be the case for traffic from traffup which would comprise of a certain % of views occurring in response to an alternative motive, namely to build points to fund views to their own sites etc.

Yes Richie, you may be right, my instinct was that traffup traffic was not of great quality. I was curious about whether others had been warned for this & trying to confirm that traffup was indeed frowned upon and responsible for thw warnings.I found no other comments or q & a's about this and people were slow to respond to my queries. I had disabled traffup once i noticed the warnings which subsequently (1-2 days later) disappeared, then confirming my suspicions.

Thanks psycheskinner and rebekahELLE.

9. Rob Winters profile image76

Thanks for the clarifications/definitions Marisa. This is were i heard of traffup in the first place and why i assummed it to be ok. I never noticed any of the warnings that it was deemed to be a traffic exchange (which i had no previous experience of anyway), even after searching on the matter, following the automatic warnings my hubs received. Lesson learned smile

10. BethanRose profile image67
    BethanRoseposted 12 years ago

I'd never even heard about traffup! Good job I didn't really lol.

1. wheelinallover profile image76
      wheelinalloverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am really glad I listened to my instincts, I have never seen anything on hub pages that told me using a traffic exchange was not allowed here. I use them for business all the time but have always kept hub pages off them. I am really glad I did. I do have hub pages advertised on business advertising sites but they don't use click for click credits. They are strictly advertising. 

The way I look at it hub pages is part of my business holdings so should be advertised just like the rest of the businesses. I felt there was nothing to gain by advertising hub pages articles on a traffic exchange so have with kept it off like one of my other websites. That site has paid advertising which is supposed to be targeted to off line business owners, who are the only ones who can use that service.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)