jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How important is it to update your hubs?

1. Bud Gallant profile image77
    Bud Gallantposted 6 years ago

How important is it to update your hubs?

Do you find it's very important to regularly update hubs or do you practice a more "set it and forget it" philosophy?

2. Bretsuki profile image78
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

I do both. Some hubs I have written in my history collection,were written and left alone. Being based on history they are generally full of the information at hand anyway so there is little to change.

Some of my hubs such as my reports on List My 5 were written with a long term experiment over three months so in effect each hub was its own addition with new information and knowledge gained.

Then my general hubs I will go back do some rewriting of capsules, add links and such that I think may interest readers. Update broken links immediately they are reported to me so there is a great deal of benefit to maintaining hubs after posting.

In part writing hubs is like maintaining a rose garden. You plant it and leave it, and it becomes a tangled mass of briars. Prune and trim judiciously and it repays you with beautiful flowers.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Personally, I update my hubs when I feel that I can improve them, and some may not be touched for months or years. However, I do believe -- especially with the new subdomains -- that it is very important to regularly do SOMETHING with the hubs, whether it's updating old ones or publishing new ones. Search engines seem to really like that.

4. RishiKS profile image55
    RishiKSposted 6 years ago

It depends on the topic and content of your hub. If your hub contains movie reviews, poems, philosophies of life, then its better to set it and forget it.

On the other hand, if your hubs are based on dynamic topics like latest fashion trends, latest operating system, best movie rippers, then it is better to regularly update them. After all, you can't expect people to read a 15 year old article on Windows 97. They would rather be searching an article on windows 7.

You can also update them for improving them and adding some points, which you had forgotten earlier.