jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

I need help increasing my followers.

1. Winter Maclen profile image71
    Winter Maclenposted 6 years ago

I need help increasing my followers.

Ok. What am I doing wrong?  I see other hubs and writers have far fewer hubs than me but lotw more followers.  I must be missing something.

2. Phil Plasma profile image76
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

Read and leave comments at three hubs of a hubber, then follow them.  Repeat this process over and over and they will follow you in return.  The only way this won't work is if the quality or quantity of your hubs are lacking, which I am about to check out.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

May I suggest a Hub I published a little while back? I have written down the things I have done over time to get followers and be noticed on HubPages:
    http://jsmatthew.hubpages.com/hub/So-Yo … h-HubPages

I hope this helps!

4. lovesleftovers profile image72
    lovesleftoversposted 6 years ago

Do you don't mention how many people you're following. When you follow people they're more likely to return the favor. You should also try commenting on other people's hubs. Building a rapport with other writers is the best way to build a following and really helps you to network. Hope this helps. Btw, I'll follow you now smile

5. tax1099 profile image60
    tax1099posted 6 years ago

go out and interact with other hubbies. and others will follow you.

6. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

I follow people I find in forums like reccommend another hubbers hubs or games , Answer section as long as I enjoy reading their hubs.
    Do some hubhopping and leave comments so they come and check you out.
    However you really want people from other sources to read your work so use facebook, twitter & stumble upon .
    Click on your share button on the bottom of your hub for ideas.

7. mcrawford76 profile image84
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I looked over some of your work, and one recommendation that I would make would be photographs. Something more than a title is needed to draw a person’s interest to your article. I also agree with most of the advice given so far. Just keep active, make comments, and answer questions.  If people like what they read, or agree with your opinion they are more likely to check out what you’ve written.

You seem to have a lot of work on a lot of varied topics. A lot of them look interesting, but the title photograph is your profile image.

8. Bud Gallant profile image76
    Bud Gallantposted 6 years ago

I concur with what others have said.
    If you want inflow, you need to outflow.

Follow and comment, and you'll get results.

I would also like to endorse J,S, Matthew's hub, because it really is full of great advice.

9. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

It's not what you're doing wrong, it's what you're not doing. Have you been leaving insightful comments that are at least a short paragraph long that show you actually read a hub some else wrote?

Are you responding to the people who comment on your hubs with more than just "thanks"? Have you been able to answer any of the questions posted by others? How about taking part in the forums?

You can also increase your followers by using the title tuner and choosing to write about topics that bring in at least decent traffic. Another tip is to use your social media profiles, do you post on your fb page or your twitter profile?

10. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

In the beginning it isn't so easy. It takes time. Marketing is just as important as writing good material.

http://pamelanred.hubpages.com/hub/-How … n-HubPages

11. Mentalist acer profile image60
    Mentalist acerposted 6 years ago

They're most probably Mass Following other Hubbers...don't do that.wink

12. Kiwiwi profile image34
    Kiwiwiposted 6 years ago

Write and publish Hubs.Follow others and comment on their hubs.Answer questions - ask questions.
    But if you just follow someone and let it be at that point.There is not much of a point.