jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do unpublished hubs get views?

1. lovesleftovers profile image73
    lovesleftoversposted 6 years ago

How do unpublished hubs get views?

I just finished writing a new hub but saved it as a draft for now. I notice my stats say it has 7 views. How can this be possible? And, I also heard somewhere that saving hubs as drafts helps your rating. Is this true and how would that even work?

2. emichael profile image78
    emichaelposted 6 years ago

Your own views of your unpublished hubs are counted smile

3. Jason Oleinik profile image71
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

It's funny because I wondered the same thing. Sometimes it would seem like they get views even though you haven't looked at them recently yourself. Maybe there's a secret Hubpages staff member reading them? Food for thought.

As to rating, I have read about that as well, but haven't done enough research to confirm. One of my later Hubs did go from about 51 to 55~ rating in about a day of being a draft, so I suppose Hubs with relatively good titles that Hubpages likes can go up during the unpublished period.

4. lovesleftovers profile image73
    lovesleftoversposted 6 years ago

I had literally just finished writing the hub, saved it and didn't view it afterwards. But my stats for this unpublished hub says it has 7 views. Weird.

5. profile image0
    Marie-AnneLeClercposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub last night that I left unpublished and reviewed it today and found 29 views! ...Yes there must be others in the equation...

6. Ironman1992 profile image60
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

my unpublished hub actually has more views than many of my published hubs, lol.

working