jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does un-following someone here on HP hurt your hubberscore/author score?

1. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Does un-following someone here on HP hurt your hubberscore/author score?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I doubt it, but no one really knows what affects scores. (Please don't unfollow me.)

3. Ruchira profile image76
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

hubber score is determined by the traffic you attract towards reading your hubs and not by following or unfollowing someone smile

4. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

It might even help your score if you haven't been reading the person's hubs. Read a hub I wrote called How New Hubbers Ruin Their Hubscore. (not that you are new)

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

No it doesn't. However if the ratio of followers to those you follow is too disparaging, then this may bring your profile score down.

6. Jennie Demario profile image39
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

I doubt that the action of un-following someone could possibly hurt your score.  It actually might even help your score.  The rumor is that people are penalized for "overly" following people on HP.  Have no fear and de-follow away!

7. Naomi's Banner profile image77
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

I do not believe that would be the case.  If you are following someone you late on find distasteful or just not of interest you would have every right to change that decision.
    Your score is reflective of quality of writing and overall participation in the Hubpages in general as far as I can tell.