jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does following lots of hubs hurt your hub score?

1. Alex Simring profile image71
    Alex Simringposted 6 years ago

Does following lots of hubs hurt your hub score?

Thanks for following my hub, as it has helped to encourage me to become more actively involved in the hubbers community. I see that you follow lots of hubbers, with some following you back. I'd also like to follow some hubbers that interest me, but not sure if it will adversely affect my hub score!

2. YourFriendlyGamer profile image59
    YourFriendlyGamerposted 6 years ago

I don't have experience in this as I don't follow any people, although I don't see why it would, the only reason I can think of for them doing this is that they might think that you might be trying to boost each others hub scores so they might disable it. But I don't see any reason for them doing that unless you are all following each other. If anything it should increase your hubscore.

To make sure there is probably a faq on the site that would have the answer to your question.

3. lzlpio90 profile image80
    lzlpio90posted 6 years ago

i think it doesn't... i Have been following quite few but it didnt affect my hub score...

4. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

Following because you like and read the person's hubs will help.
    Following in an attempt to get followers, without reading hubs, will hurt.
    Read a hub I wrote called How New Hubbers Ruin Their Hubscore

5. J.S.Matthew profile image84
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Hello Alex!

Following people doesn't negatively effect your HubScore unless you write low-quality Hubs, or no Hubs at all. Following people and receiving followers actually increases your HubScore over time. Don't abuse it though! Following too many (as many as you can, all the time) and not leaving insightful comments or reading others Hubs will bring down your score somewhat. I will share a link with you to an article in the HubPages Learning Center that explains both the HubScore and the HubberScore; yes, there are 2 different scores! http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

I hope that this answers your question and thanks for asking! You noticed that I follow a lot of people which is true. I am a HubGreeter (http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubgreeters) and I introduce people to the community and try to point them in the right direction as to getting started on HubPages, the ad programs, etc.

I also follow people when I am interested in their articles while browsing the HubFeed and the HubHopper, and I usually leave them a comment on their Hub. Leaving an author Fan Mail is another great way to show your appreciation for them, and you can tell them why you like them/follow them through the Fan Mail.

Good luck to you and contact me if you have any more questions!

Happy Hubbing!

JSMatthew~

working