jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why are we here? Not talking meaning of life stuff. Simply, what is the point t

1. Trips profile image59
    Tripsposted 6 years ago

Why are we here? Not talking meaning of life stuff.  Simply, what is the point to posting hubs?

Okay, yes, we are all here because we writers. But, what is the purpose of this forum? Generally speaking, I relish in support, positivity, and encouragement.  Yet, to grow and improve my skills in the craft, I need constructive criticism...something I've rarely, if ever, seen given &/or received on HP. My fear is that when we constantly pat each other on the back about how fabulous every hub is, we do ourselves--and others--a disservice, as it allows for complacency. It doesn't challenge us to reach for more within ourselves as writers.  Am I alone in this feeling?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Well, if the moderators don't care for your hubs - you'll get a notification for sure.  Also, anyone else could flag something for a good reason as well.

Are you ASKING for critical review???  If so, and you think that your hubs could be improved upon and you would like someone to tell you about how to do so then The Extreme Hub Make Over forum is where you can ask!

http://hubpages.com/forum/23

3. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I don't know about you but I definitely have had some honest feedback for my work. Some persons have been so good to me that they have emailed me with suggestions on how to improve or change what I have written to suite HP and or make myself more marketable.

I find the forums really positive, whenever I ask a question there I usually get the answer I am looking for.

I feel that  sometimes the comments on the hubs might not be as honest as I am looking for but I have a couple of followers who will tell me point blank what problem they have with my work. There is a follower I have, whenever he does not comment on a hub, I know he is not particularly interested in it.

I, on the other hand try to be as honest as possible in my comments and will point out any errors I find in the hubs I read. I will not comment on a hub I find boring or poorly written if there aren't really any noticeable flaws in it.

4. seicheprey profile image61
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Trips, I don't think that you're wrong at all, but I don't know that HP is the place for challenge.  Submitting material to other sites and periodicals that have a strict submission and competition allows us to challenge ourselves.   Should we find ourselves lacking we can come back here and express our concerns to the community and ask for assistance.  But all in all, I think that you're right on the money.

working