jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is a traffic exchange?

1. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

What is a traffic exchange?

2. Norah Casey profile image68
    Norah Caseyposted 6 years ago

A traffic exchange is a service that you sign up for that brings in automated impressions and/or clicks on advertisements. These services usually cost money.

The use of traffic exchanges is a serious violation of HubPages Terms of Use. For more information, please see
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … -Violation

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

A traffic exchange is a site in which others visit your site(s) in exchange for points which in turn allows them to post their links; each time they visit a site they are awarded points and you need a certain amount of points to keep your links posted. Some charge a small fee instead of points.

Please note that Google and others do not look kindly into such enterprises.

It seems idiotic since humans not robots are physically looking at your sites and they decide which ones to view, but us little people can do very little about it.

4. javaoverride profile image60
    javaoverrideposted 6 years ago

They are bad, don’t use them. They not only violations but also a waste as the traffic you will receive won’t have any interest in your content.

5. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

A true traffic exchange actually exists in the business world and is called "Trade" but when some companies get very large and powerful they may try to prevent free trade. Some of you will be familiar with the word "Embargo" and whoever has the power to do this normally makes the rules such as "It is ok for me to exchange/trade but it is not ok for you since you are not as popular as me and besides that your products/services are inferior to mine because you do not have a rubber stamp from us. This sometimes actually fuels an underground trade (example is prohibition and the rise of the Mafia)

Others have explained an internet version of it so I thought I needed to give people a business version to help make this question page more unique. I hope someone likes my answer and thinks deeply about the implications in every sphere of business and life.

working