This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do recipes make money on Hubpages?

1. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

Do recipes make money on Hubpages?

2. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

Hi Rachelle, I don't do recipes simply because I am not a good cook.  But there are lots of hubbers doing recipes, so I suppose recipes make money.  Look at the traffic of hubbers who write recipes, and judge for yourself.  You can go to their profile and check the accolade on traffic.  For example,

crazyhorsesghost - this hubber writes on several different topics, but mostly on food and recipes.  - 1 million views plus so far

Good luck and happy hubbing!

3. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I do recipes but they don't make much money. At first they will get a lot of views but hubs that receive consistent views are hubs about internet, computers, health, SEO and stuff like that. You can do the recipes but unless the recipe is exceptional you can't depend only on them to make you money.

One way of checking the potential earning power of a hub is to click on stats and then select the hub metrics tab. A hub with three or more dollar signs will make you more money.

4. floriferous profile image60
    floriferousposted 5 years ago

I would think the recipe/food articles that link to Amazon would reap some rewards from that affiliate program. Just my guess. I know from experience elsewhere, that most people looking for recipes simply print off the recipe. The piece might get loads of page views, but they likely don't convert.

That said smile, I think I'll try a few to test it.

5. ritsukakunx profile image50
    ritsukakunxposted 5 years ago

In my experience across these types of sites, recipes make less money than any other type of article. I'd stay away from them!

working