10 Million Plus Views, Wow What A Journey

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (72 posts)
  1. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
    crazyhorsesghostposted 10 years ago

It was a lot harder than I thought it ever would be getting to 10 million views. I also have a couple of Hubs approaching a million plus views each and I've now started to really take advantage of Pinterest. And I plan to get to 100 million views a lot faster than I got to 10 million.

I've been here for over 6 years now and I've deleted Hubs with hundreds of thousands of views for one reason or another and deleted views don't count. So I think I was probably at 10 million views a long time before I officially got there.

Two big things I would suggest everyone take advantage of is Evergreen topics and Pinterest. If you'll make those two things a big part of your Hub Pages experience you'll be successful.

Good luck to everyone. And thanks to all of you who have been reading my Hub Pages. It is appreciated.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
      Michael Willisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on a huge accomplishment.

2. VVanNess profile image77
      VVanNessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Everyone has been telling me that it wasn't possible, and I kept trying to tell them that it was! Thanks for being my proof! Nice job! I can only hope to be there myself one day. smile

3. sgbrown profile image92
      sgbrownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  That is quite an accomplishment. I'm glad to hear some good news for a change. I am sure your success is well deserved!

4. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's great advice, crazyhorsesghost- and we're so excited about your milestone! Congratulations!!!

crazyhorsesghostposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to everyone who posted in the thread. I've been busy mowing hay so yes I did miss when it actually happened. Now I'm going to get busy getting to 100 million. Hopefully by Christmas 2013. That is my goal.

My only advice is to never give up and read my original post in this thread. The secret is there. And hard work. Now I'm going to get busy. Check my profile over the next few days and you'll see where I'm headed and what I'm doing to get to the 100 million.

Simone Thanks For Popping In.

5. dwachira profile image78
      dwachiraposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Thomas, those are many views by all standards. You have also shared valuable tips about writing evergreen and using Pinterest. I was thinking of unpublishing some of my not so evergreen articles and i think i got the cue. I wish you more success on HP.

1. WalterPoon profile image68
        WalterPoonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi dwachira, how does leaving the not so evergreen articles alone hurt you? I thought they won't hurt.

6. liesl5858 profile image82
      liesl5858posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, what an achievement for you.

Not just an achievement but a super-achievement. 10 million views in 6 years is 1.67 million views a year, not to mention that the graph is not a horizontal line but a sloping one. Now, if we can replicate this success, not only will everyone benefit, but HubPages will shoot through the roof and give Wikipedia a run for its money.

I signed up for Pinterest months ago but didn't work on it. I have been analyzing Pinterest ever since I found out about this forum post. In the process, I wrote a hub about Pinterest, entitled "How to get free traffic from Pinterest", which I haven't publish yet. Was planning to do so in 24 hours' time, after I round up my 'research'.

But the best person to write this hub is, of course, crazyhorsesghost. If crazyhorsesghost is willing to write this hub, I will delete mine. Crazyhorsesghost, how about that?

Go ahead. I just really don't have time at the moment. I'm busy. But I want to see it. I will be sure to comment on it. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Hi crazyhorsesghost, you are the best person to write the hub. Okay, I just published it, and it's awaiting moderation. I went over to Pinterest but I can't find your profile page over there. Are you using a different name? And how did you manage to put your link in the description?

If you go over to Pinterest and look around you can find a small pin it button you can drag and place on your browser ( in Firefox ) to the right of the address window. When you do and you pin something it puts the URL in for you. Hope that explains it.

Crazyhorseghost, what I mean is how did you manage to put your link in the description. It doesn't accept links, nor any form of formatting.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7988467_f248.jpg

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
                  mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I know you didn't ask me this, but just to let you know, I only use the 'Pin' button on my hubs, and when I then choose to 'view my pin' the link is automatically already there. I have never had to add it manually, it just appears.

Mistyhorizon, thanks for replying... in a forum, anyone can reply. Crazyhorseghost has a unique way of doing it. The attached photo explains better what I was trying to refer to. As you can see, each of the description is different, so it cannot be automatic.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7989393_f248.jpg

7. barbat79 profile image61
      barbat79posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow!!!! What an accomplishment!  Congratulations!!!!

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

I just a hit a million and I thought that was something. 10 million! I can only dream about that. Congratulations!

3. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

It's good to see someone doing well. I get tired of the hubbers who choke the forums with their lack of achievement and blame HP for it.

Can't argue with ten million views!

4. Tealparadise profile image84
    Tealparadiseposted 10 years ago

Wow!  Ten million, it's incredible.  What's even more incredible in my opinion is your sheer number of hubs and amount of high quality writing.  You are not just someone who stumbled on the right topic at the right time.  Your effort and intensity amazes me.  I am scrolling through your work on hamsters and can't believe the amount of knowledge you have on such a variety of topics!

A well-deserved success for an extraordinary person!

5. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Whaaat?! Wow. Congratulations for an amazing milestone, crazyhorsesghost. That is fantastic.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 10 years ago

I know you have been around for awhile-- and have a huge collection of hubs. Perseverence, talent and just plain hard work and dedication are all part of your success. Well done! Pinning those hubs should bring several more million. Go Crazy!

7. crazyhorsesghost profile image71

Thanks everyone. I'm paying all my household bills with what I make from Hub Pages. So yes it is worth it. And if I can do it everyone can.

I plan like I said to try to get to 100 million in the next year. I think it's quite possible. Especially with.

1. Ever Green Well Researched Topics.
    2. Making Use Of Pinterest.
    3. Blogs on my own domains sending traffic.
    4. A lot of other ideals I'm going to use but not reveal right now.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate all of your kind words.

1. Handicapped Chef profile image70
      Handicapped Chefposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can you give me a little insight on this Ever Green if you can .

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Evergreen; a topic that remain viable and produce searchers for years to come. 

A hub on the latest movie will die in a few months at most. 

A hub on how to change a tire will be just as relevant to life 10 years from not as it is today.

1. Handicapped Chef profile image70
          Handicapped Chefposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insight .

8. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 10 years ago

This is fantastic and inspiring!  Congratulations and many more!

9. Vlorsutes profile image72
    Vlorsutesposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! That's such an amazing milestone.

10. moonlake profile image83
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

Congratulations I know it's been hard work.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 10 years ago

Congrats!

12. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 10 years ago

Nice one CHG! I saw your 10M accolade in my feed a few weeks ago and posted a congrats forum thread then but you obviously missed it. So congrats again!

13. profile image0
    sccansecoposted 10 years ago

Wow, congrats crazyhorsesghost! That is certainly an amazing accomplishment! I see a lot of great Hubs on your profile that I need to check out....looking forward to it!

14. Ceres Schwarz profile image39
    Ceres Schwarzposted 10 years ago

Wow. Congratulations on your achievement crazyhorsesghost. This is really very inspiring and amazing.

15. profile image53
    karimasaberposted 10 years ago

This is very good in fact. I am a beginner here and I would like to be like you. Patience and hard work always return to people with great successes. Wish you all the good luck.

16. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

What a motivator!  I know times are different, but your accomplishment shows we are still in an era of opportunity on the web.  Thanks for letting us share your milestone!

17. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!

18. agapsikap profile image59
    agapsikapposted 10 years ago

Conratulations. Can you give me some tips? Thank you and more power.

19. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

lol. If I had a hub with hundreds of thousands of views, I can't imagine ever deleting it. But you have hubs with over a million views, so I guess its a matter of perspective.  Note to self: Write lots more hubs, quickly!!

Congratulations.  And thanks for setting a goal for the rest of us. smile

20. profile image0
    ClusterCritterposted 10 years ago

Congratulation! It's good to see that your hard work pay off (1.5k hubs!)

21. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!  That is a very impressive achievement and a tribute to all of your hard work and skill.  It is very inspiring.

22. yupperclub profile image60
    yupperclubposted 10 years ago

Well, I guess if you get a lot of PLEASURE out of people LOOKING AT YOU, go ahead and P-Interest...I'm more of a private person myself.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Says the guy with less than 10,000 views smile.

Seeing as some of my hubs have anywhere up to 45,000 pins, I definitely think learning how to create images for Pinterest is a good idea,

23. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image76
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 10 years ago

What a great accomplishment.  Congratulations.

1. Hikapo profile image78
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You inspire me crazyhorsesghost. Congratz!

24. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 10 years ago

MANY CONGRATS! I know that you have worked hard for it and it's truly deserved. smile

25. Gcrhoads64 profile image90
    Gcrhoads64posted 10 years ago

This year 10,000,000 views. In five years 1 Billion?!? Wow! Can you imagine that many views?
    Awesome achievement! You are an inspiration to us newbies. smile

26. Scribenet profile image61
    Scribenetposted 10 years ago

Wow, what an inspiration! Congratulations!

27. Jatelo2 profile image59
    Jatelo2posted 10 years ago

What are Evergreen topics?

28. Jatelo2 profile image59
    Jatelo2posted 10 years ago

What are Evergreen topics?

1. profile image0
      ClusterCritterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Evergreen topics are the topics that will stay relevant even in the future. You can search of it in Hubpages too.

29. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 10 years ago

Well done that is some milestone and six years here! You really are an inspiration to those just starting and those of us still waiting for their first million!

30. nufoundglory profile image58
    nufoundgloryposted 10 years ago

Will you be in the "success stories" section of Hubpages anytime soon?

31. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

A huge load of congratulations CHG for this achievement, it is mega. I thought I was doing okay when I hit 4 million views a week or so back after 5 years here, but 10 million is off the scale. Massively well done to you big_smile

32. crazyhorsesghost profile image71

Thanks everyone for the replies. They are appreciated. I really believe 100 million in the next year is possible. I'm going to be working very hard on this for the next year to try to really get there. And I really think anyone who will pay attention to detail can do it to.

I will post along through out the next year to let you know how I am doing with my goal of 100 million views. I can tell you that I;m well on the way to one million. Only 99 million more to go. We will see. Thanks everyone.

33. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

My traffic took another significant step upwards today and there is no telling how well this site will do once the very poor pages are cleared out.

I think there will be plenty of people getting a million views this year. A billion is something I have never given any thought to, but good luck with it!

34. Vellur profile image95
    Vellurposted 10 years ago

Congratulations and my best wishes for many more views!! Great work.

35. suziecat7 profile image77
    suziecat7posted 10 years ago

Congratulations!!

36. crazyhorsesghost profile image71

Thanks everyone I really appreciate it.

37. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

That is truly a mind boggling number. My hat's off to you.

38. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

WOW! At my current rate of traffic, I think I will hit that milestone in about 5.5 years!

39. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 10 years ago

That's a great milestone. Congrats!

40. srsddn profile image89
    srsddnposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! It is a great achievement and source of inspiration for newbies like me. Thanks for the encouragement.

41. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!

42. Renee Abbott profile image81
    Renee Abbottposted 10 years ago

First congrats on your success. Second, thank you for the inspiration. I just very recently decided to blog for income, as well as blogging because I have information to share. I am currently reading all I can to help me with this, and came across your forum. I am happy for your success, as well as you taking the time to show others the possibilities we have here. I am one step forward, and I thank you.

43. lifelovemystery profile image76
    lifelovemysteryposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!

44. platinumOwl4 profile image74
    platinumOwl4posted 10 years ago

Where are your suggestions located? I would like to try them. Thank for the info.

45. Ahsan Ejaz profile image65
    Ahsan Ejazposted 10 years ago

Congratulation! Best of Luck smile

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
      Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, it's sure great to read a success story for a change! I'm so happy your hard work and patience paid off. I think you need to be willing to keep on even when it gets tough, and I've also had to delete pieces that I liked and thought were well written, but nobody was reading. They can always be put somewhere else, or rewritten in a better way. Good for you!

46. ComfortB profile image85
    ComfortBposted 10 years ago

Congrats Crazyhorseghost! you've given a lot of us hubers hope that it really is possible.

47. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 10 years ago

That's awesome crazyhorsesghost. I never realised there was the possibility of getting10m views, and in just 6 years? that's like an average of 1.5+ views a year. Wow.

I've been here roughly 4 years now, and i'm yet to hit a million. Granted, i have deleted a good number of hubs and may have achieved the feat (which seems so inconsequential now) much earlier, but 10m seemed so unreachable.   

I'm glad to hear this from a fellow hubber. It makes me (and some others, i guess) feel that all our efforts, despite the pitfalls, highs, lows, roller coaster rides, Google "madness", etc... won't come to nought if we just continue to plod on, work our fingers' off, and persevere.

You have given us some inspiration and a ray of hope. Thanks

Congratulations and well done.

48. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 10 years ago

Just stopped in for a moment and saw your post.

Nicely done Crazy Horses Ghost.

Always a pleasure to read your work.

49. MDavisatTIERS profile image68
    MDavisatTIERSposted 10 years ago

What an amazing accomplishment.  I echo many of the other comments regarding the quality and variety of your hubs. 

I also would like to say that your humility and willingness to be helpful to the rest of us is admirable.  You had 10 million hits and I've now written 10 hubs.....everyone starts somewhere, so thanks for paving the way and sending reports on the journey.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)