jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone on Hubpages writing for pleasure and not Adsense revenue?

1. Rehana Stormme profile image81
    Rehana Stormmeposted 6 years ago

Anyone on Hubpages writing for pleasure and not Adsense revenue?

Most hubbers here are writing for earnings. Anyone on Hubpages solely for the pleasure of it?

2. profile image0
    Nick Lucasposted 6 years ago

I really dont care about the money.....if I make some great if not no worries....If I wasnt writing here I would be writing on something like blogger or my own page for free....I just love writing....I am using adsense and the other programs as I know hubpages is a business and they are providing me with a service and deserve to earn as well

3. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I am not an American so I cannot link my own adsense account to HubPages. I don't really care about that because I don't really like adsense anyway. HubPages can keep my earnings if they want. Maybe I see it as a trade for being allowed to be here. I used to like the way the internet was before adsense came. In those times people were doing things organically. Now it is all about money and nothing else.

4. proudmamma profile image74
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

I did not join for the earnings. As a child, I loved to read and write. When some troubling issues arose in my life, I started writing as an outlet. My life consists of working full-time, taking care of my husband (chronic illness complicated over the last two years), my teenage son, a son who is an addict (worry about him daily), and a grandson (who I never get to see anymore).
    I don't publish as much as I should. I have tons of research and thoughts wrote, but just haven't taken the time to put them into format on HubPages. I would love to have more time to dedicate to my HubPage writing.

5. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

Nope, not specifically for pleasure. I am looking at it for a retirement program. I would like to subsidize my social security benefits from home when the time comes. That said, I am in no hurry to make money just yet. I got a few good years left to go - smile, for learning all this SEO stuff.

6. terrektwo profile image83
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Well I think a lot of people enjoy writing but certainly Adsense is a big incentive.

7. Rastamermaid profile image72
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

Not all hubbers write for earnings on HP,most that do have content on many other sites that pay better from what I understand. I for one write for enjoyment and to better my writings skills to aid me in school.

8. stayingalivemoma profile image83
    stayingalivemomaposted 6 years ago

I guess that would be me....my adsense is disabled so I don't make anything from it.

9. Jackie Lynnley profile image88
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

OK, the question is does anyone write here for pleasure and not for the money. I haven't seen many without the Ads but that doesn't say for sure they are not writing for free. I write free and I offer a free site with many poems and songs and a children one with some childrens stories. It is in need of repair and I hope soon to learn to do it myself. I do copyright all of my poems and stories because they are mine even if I do love for others to give their opinion. I take plagiarism very serious and I would be very angry to see anyone making money on what I put out for free enjoyment.