jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think adding a picture of yourself to your profile makes your readers con

1. stayingalivemoma profile image83
    stayingalivemomaposted 6 years ago

Do you think adding a picture of yourself to your profile makes your readers connect with you more?

2. catsimmons profile image82
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

I'd like to think so...random pics are very impersonal, it's nice to put a face to a profile :-)

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image57
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I think it does  add an important connection to have either a picture of yourself or your pet as your profile picture as the photo is special to you.

4. Anishpat profile image79
    Anishpatposted 6 years ago

absolutely! Personally, I feel strange reading writers that I can't put a face to. I'm more likely to follow people with profile pics as opposed to random pics, unless of course the writing is brilliant.

5. lundmusik profile image67
    lundmusikposted 6 years ago

I certainly do,, especially if there aren't warts or nose hairs,,, unless of course the subject of your writing is warts or nose hairs,, that's why i had all removed before submitting my photo.. would be good to see your picture tho ,,

6. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I guess it depends on just how people want to "connect" with others. What kind of connection?

7. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I say yes. I think it adds to credibility as a writer. However, I have used a picture of a raven on one of my bird baths before. The Poe epic connection - smile. But, I switched back. An example to give is at Dr. Janet Starr Hull's site(s) for Nutritional information her pictures are from the 90's and are like a trademark(s). (I hope I got the era correct - smile). They lend to the credibility of continuity. Let me insert a disclaimer here stating this is only an opinion and not necessarily a truth - smile.

8. Dennis AuBuchon profile image83
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

I do not know if it makes a difference to have a picture of myself on my profile but I have added it today.  I believe it is the quality and topics of my hubs that get followers.

I have been on this site for 13 months and have written several hubs which have received great input for which I appreciate.  I have started to follow some hubbers that have provided input to them.

9. iviskei profile image73
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

I don't think so. Pics of yourself really just get lost in a sea of faces. I think if your picture is of something you really like or find interesting, it speaks more about you. Plus you are more likely to be recognized in Answers and the Forum with an easy to remember picture, instead of one of yourself.

But, that's just my thought. ^_^

10. stayingalivemoma profile image83
    stayingalivemomaposted 6 years ago

I agree with most of you..I think some picture is better than no picture. It doesn't necessarily need to be of you.