jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does one have to post hubs if they have an account?

1. LABrashear profile image60
    LABrashearposted 6 years ago

Does  one have to post hubs if they have an account?

I have bragged on the hubbers here and have a couple of friends that want to come on and read only.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

The idea of joining this site is to write. However, my parents both joined this site so that they could follow me and know right away when I published anything or anyone made comments. They don't actually plan or writing any hubs, although my father is a retired lyricist and certainly  is used to having his writing published. There is another site called author's Den which asks people when they sign up if they are signing up as a reader or author. I'm guessing that they expect authors to be readers as well, but know that some people simply want to have a site to read creative writing online.

3. The Blagsmith profile image77
    The Blagsmithposted 6 years ago

It's a good question, as I have seen someone who opened up a can of worms in the religion forum only to have no hubs himself.

However, there are those who could be just active readers without hubs and actually  participate.

If I am correct, I think that readers are encouraged here just as much as writers are. So, I suppose HubPages would have to leave that door open.

It would be nice if one of the HubPages Elite could qualify this however.

4. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I was not signed up for months before I finally joined 2 wks ago. There is no problem just reading without being signed up but if you want to follow someone, you have to be signed up. Most writers appreciate people who just want to read but some of them will get nasty and call you an anonymous person if you don't join. Basically, if you just want to read and comment on hubs, you don't need to join. If you want to do anything else, you need to join and don't need to write. Joining gives your friends and other people a way to find you or email you when they don;t have your private email.

5. ahorseback profile image61
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

I hope you would feel that you could write something if you wanted  too! But reading is fine too. My wife checks out my hubs all the time!.....Shes jealous you see!.....:-}

6. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

If you already have an account it would be best to write something. For one you can't earn any money without having hubs. Your author score will go way down and when you do write a hub it will take a great deal of work to get it back up where your links will work. Remember this is a writing site so if you are not writing is is not a good idea.

working