What are some good tips for etiquette on Hubpages?

1. leroy64 profile image82
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

What are some good tips for etiquette on Hubpages?

I know there are rules that the site lays down.  I am looking for what the community feels is acceptable behavior, like responding to comments, what not to say on fan mail, etc.  I will be checking out the forums as well.

2. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 6 years ago

Well, I think the most civil thing to do when we disagree with someone's expressed view is not get personal. I also don't care for people typing in big bold cap's when they disagree with someone. I say save the caps for when you want to accentuate something nice.

3. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 5 years ago

While I love getting new fans and usually love to read fan mail, I'm a little taken aback when someone puts a plug in for their own writing or website in fan mail. I think that is really poor manners.  I also think that very long fan mail comments is not appropriate. It would be much better, for someone who has a lot to say, to just write an email.

Although I will sometimes express a disagreement with someone's hub in the comment section, I think that we should be polite and professional in our comments. We can't all agree with everything, but we can be civil about the way in which we express disagreement.