jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can I transfer my Hubs over to my blog?

1. Drenguin profile image67
    Drenguinposted 6 years ago

Can I transfer my Hubs over to my blog?

I am thinking about starting a blog and I was wondering if it was legal to delete my hubs here and post the content on my blog.

2. crankalicious profile image94
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

It is legal. What you want to avoid is publishing the same material in two places. Hubpages wants original material.

You own the copyright on your own material, so you can do whatever you want with it in terms of publishing it in one place or another and nobody else can publish your material without your consent. Hubpages though, has the write to delete anything you write and if they find similar material somewhere else, they will.

3. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

Based on some invalid links to many hubs in articles, many Hubbers did that - moved their hubs to private websites - after Panda hit when they had seen huge drop in earnings.
    I guess it's simply a question of your preference and ultimate goal.
    HubPages might be taking 40% of yoru potential income, but you may not get any income with your private blog or website. They are already very long in the market and are quickly indexed plus there is a huge community that supports that as well.

4. sir_tallest profile image65
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

thanks for the question....the answer helps more

5. Admiral_Joraxx profile image80
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

You can actually have you're hub content exist legally in both hubpages and on your blog.

Guidelines:

First, remember to write your contents first here in hubpages, not in any other page in the internet.

Then make that blog of yours subscribe to your hubpages RSS Feeds. This way, every content of your hubpages account will also be available or visible in your blog.

With this, whenever you publish another hub/content in hubpages, it will automatically reflect in your blog. the same will also be visible there.

1. Csanad profile image78
      Csanadposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am thinking about lauching my self hosted blog. I think a good solution is that for long articles, have like a short, summary post, and the actual long, and detailed article could be on the blog. You could have a link to your blogpost from the hub.

working