jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can you earn money with fiction or poetry hubs?

1. stephaniedas profile image92
    stephaniedasposted 6 years ago

Can you earn money with fiction or poetry hubs?

2. cephla profile image59
    cephlaposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not. The cost per 1000 impressions for Hubpages is just terrible. Add fiction, without any specific keywords, and you would earn close to nothing. I would suggest working on a novel, or a novella at the very least. In the case of poetry, it's a good idea to focus on collecting them centered on particular themes. Real-world poetry is in vogue today. Satirical+Current World Happenings=Money in the poetry world today.

You have some great options to get these works published online and offline. Publishing isn't as difficult as it used to be. Even Amazon has begun working with writers directly to procure exclusivity rights.

I would say go ahead and write your heart out. Just don't publish it online. It really dilutes your chances of getting your work published somewhere where it matters.

3. Utkarsh raj profile image74
    Utkarsh rajposted 6 years ago

Ya i too agree people on the hubpages seldom go for reading a fiction. Consider yourself, would you go for that. I think its better to write something informative using appropriate keywords, pics, videos and the useful links.

4. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

I have to agree.  All my hubs under this username are poetry and they don't get a lot of traffic outside of the hubpages poetry community.  I knew this going in so I haven't even really monetized those hubs.

I also write under another username and have monetized those hubs with the intent to make income.  Those were doing quite well until the Google Panda release and then they tanked.  Traffic came back up for a while after HubPages implemented their subdomain scheme but has since fallen off again.  I haven't taken the time to see what else can be done to improve their performance from a revenue viewpoint.