jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How many hubs should one write to earn $100 a month through hubpages?

1. penpro007 profile image69
    penpro007posted 6 years ago

How many hubs should one write to earn $100 a month through hubpages?

How many hubs should one write to earn $100 a month through hubpages? (I know there is no exact number, I'm just looking for an estimate)

2. K Kiss profile image79
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

80-100 quality hubs with valid information, photographs, videos, links to relevant sites should do the trick. I earn about $60-70 with my 44 hubs so just double the amounts of hubs and try to maintain the quality and you should do fine.

3. food4you profile image59
    food4youposted 6 years ago

I am farely new, so take my answer for what it is worth. So far, it seems I am earning about 2-3 cents per hub, per day.  I do not include videos and write mostly recipes. So... to earn $100 a month with my hubs I would need about 110 hubs. Now keep in mind, you also need to promote them and that's how you make more money.  Good luck to all of us!

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

From what I have been told by top hubbers is that you need at least 100-200 hubs to see real income. Some see 100, while others see a lot more.

5. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

First of all, welcome to HubPages, penpro007! This is a great writing community! Second, I'm don't want to depress you but I've been with HP for 18 months, and I just published my 200th hub. I've yet to get a check and I don't bother checking my earnings, because it only matters when you get pay out.

My understanding is that if you want to write here for money..... Well there is no formula to making $100 or any amount a month. It is impossible to tell what will "work" for you or anyone else. There's some potboiler I could give you: "Write quality hubs on a consistent basis, with plenty of pictures,..." blah, blah, blah.

HubPages is on the Internet competing with, I suppose, thousands of other "content farms," so we're called, not to mentioned the innumerable other forms of diversion to be found both on and off the Internet. There's a lot to wade through.

As for me, I don't think most people who read my stuff will feel like clicking ads. I suppose it's difficult for them to match up ads with the content I offer....

People talk about promoting their hubs on Twitter, EBay, or what-have-you, and so forth. They talk about getting "back links," and all that. It's tiring just listening to!

Anyway.... Welcome to HP and good luck.

working