jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the increased earning power of using say, wordpress instead of Hubpages

1. Gaizy profile image83
    Gaizyposted 6 years ago

What is the increased earning power of using say, wordpress instead of Hubpages -

Is it double, triple, or just the same?

2. lobobrandon profile image91
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Its way less according to me unless you have yourself well established wherein you can work your wordpress site up in search engines.

3. whoisbid profile image78
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

When you start using wordpress it is like making a brand new naked website without any backlinks. I did an experimental website where I wrote about anything and everything. It is a page rank 4 site with over 260 pages of unique content. Guess what? It hardly earns a cent! On the other hand I have been experimenting with 10-15 page websites on highly paying CPC topics (they take about a day to build) and they are making more money from PPC than a 260 page website. Those small websites have the major keywords in the domain name itself. Here is a list I made of topics that make money and those that don't http://whoisbid.hubpages.com/hub/What-t … e-internet

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

Forget the word Word Press.  Now what you would do is create a blog or a web site from scratch.

Okay, back to Word Press.  There are 2 of them.

Wordpress.com is a free blog, such as blogger. Wordpress also has rules, TOS which prevents you from using affiliate links etc.  They do  not have a pay program as with Hub pages. Wordpress is  not an article submission site.

Wordpress.org is where you have a couple of choices. But, you do have to have a paid domain name as well as a web hosting company.

The first choice is to go to Wordpress.com and download it.  Plan on spending a lot of time trying to figure it out, fooling around with plug ins etc.

Another option, maybe the easiest and best is using web hosts such as Host Gator and others, already have a system in place where you can set up wordpress when you sign up. These web hosts that support Word Press have the function for Word press built in, and you can also design and select from a multitude of templates, rather than searching the net, and paying for something that you can get for free with your web host. Just make sure they support Word Press and have a C Panel.