jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

After you post a hub on Hubpages.com, do you ever submit it to other sites?

1. TToombs08 profile image75
    TToombs08posted 6 years ago

After you post a hub on Hubpages.com, do you ever submit it to other sites?

I was wondering if I can submit some of the pieces I have posted here to other sites. Is that allowable?

2. trecords0 profile image59
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

No because you will be flagged as duplicate content.  I post a link on Red Gage and from there I share it with Digg, Myspace, Twitter, and Delicious.  The Twitter post is already tied into Facebook, so I don't share that.

3. kripkrip420 profile image61
    kripkrip420posted 6 years ago

That depends on what you mean by "post". You cannot duplicate your hub and post an exact copy on another website. You can, however, post a link to your hub on another website. A LINK ONLY.

4. Daniella Lopez profile image95
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

I never repost the entire Hub. Usually what I do on my blog is post a link to my hub and also provide a brief description of what my Hub is about. I simply see this as another form of advertising. But as far as posting the actual Hub itself goes, you shouldn't do that.

5. zoey24 profile image77
    zoey24posted 6 years ago

You can link it to other sites such as Twiter, Facebook, Diggit etc etc. But if you submit the exact same article to another site then you risk getting done for duplicate content and having your hub article removed sad

6. TToombs08 profile image75
    TToombs08posted 6 years ago

I have feelers out to local papers that might be interested in some of the north dakota pieces I wrote. I guess my best bet would be to remove them from here then. Thank you all for your input and helping a newbie understand HP.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No it isn't allowed with Hubpages.  They will tag it as duplicate content and if not taken care of, you can lose your account.

working