jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many days/weeks after publishing do you start to get search engine traffic t

1. rochelj profile image65
    rocheljposted 6 years ago

How many days/weeks after publishing do you start to get search engine traffic to your hubs?

2. QuestionMaster profile image84
    QuestionMasterposted 6 years ago

It really depends on your keywords and content.

If you write in a saturated topic like acai berries or weight loss, chances are you might never get more than one or two search engine hits a month from search engines.

On the other hand if you write about something like purple striped tissue boxes chances are you won't get hits either, because no one is searching that topic!

If you carefully choose your keywords (you can do so through the Google Adwords free keyword tool), you can often start getting hits from search engines immediately.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image77
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on the subject you've chosen.

I got immediate views for news-related articles, while ones specializing in other topics didn't do so well with Google. My television show-related hubs also started getting hits within days of being published. However, my Harry Potter articles took a couple weeks to even get a couple.

That could be because of keywords or it could be because certain topics just aren't terribly searched on Google and if they are, you've got to be better than the competition.

4. dungeonraider profile image89
    dungeonraiderposted 6 years ago

I'm told that smaller niches (going after less popular subject material) can gain good Google traffic in 3 months (average).  Niches like mine (Dungeons and Dragons) can take up to 18 months.

working