jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

How did you first discover hub-pages?

1. rochelj profile image67
    rocheljposted 6 years ago

How did you first discover hub-pages?

2. NiaG profile image91
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

I was trying to think of that the other day and I have absolutely no idea. I was looking for something and stumbled upon it.

3. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Through my sister in law who also writes on HubPages.

4. cheatlierepeat profile image83
    cheatlierepeatposted 6 years ago

By total fluke, surfing the net. I started my website first but then came across this site. I have enjoyed it so much, the stories, the people and the warm welcome... so much that I have not written on my site since joining here, mainly because I'm addicted to the sense of "community" that this place offers.... Great group of people.

5. proudmamma profile image78
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

My oldest son stumbled upon it, and started to write. He joined approximately a week or two before I did. He only wrote two hubs and lost interest.......

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

I get emails from monster.com and there was an ad for writers so I checked it out, liked what I read and saw and signed up.

7. nemanjaboskov profile image74
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

I didn't find HP, I was referred to it by an employer of mine at the time, who was an active member of this wonderful community.
    I have enjoyed every single minute I spent logged into my HP account ever since then smile

8. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Through Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com.  There was an adverstisment for writers and it lead me to HubPages.  I have always liked to write, so for me writing for HubPages came naturally.  I just wish I had more time to write.

9. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I saw my brother writing a hub on here, and it interested me.  I like to try and help people, and to share the good news of my Saviour Who died for you. So, here I am!

10. GoGreenTips profile image59
    GoGreenTipsposted 6 years ago

Was doing research on places to post my writing and to create links for the blogs i recently started. When i got hear I almost find that i like hubpages better than I do blogger...

11. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

A dear friend of mine told me about Hubpages six months ago. I thought he was crazy for thinking I could add anything valuable to this community.

I noticed the high level of quality content and decided to let it go. Until that same friend asked me three months ago if I had already started on Hubpages.

I put my insecurity aside and began writing. I was completely surprised by the comments to my Hubs and I'm extremely happy for being here!

Have a great time here!

12. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I found it totally by accident. I was searching for a college course in creative writing and clicked on Hubpages, I'm so glad, it's the best thing that I could have done. Nine months later I am still enjoying having hubs published, meeting new friends and learning new techniques.

13. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

Was researching on any website that was better than constant content. Found a hub that was analyzing the pros and cons of the two..of course i had no idea what a hub was at the moment...and i had no idea i would click the signup page shortly after reading the article or should i say hub?

14. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I wanted to see if I could earn money writing.  A year ago, while I was finding my way around Squidoo, I stumbled upon Hubpages and never looked back.

15. NiaLee profile image61
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

I was doing a research on where to write for money and discovered way more

16. cre8ivOne profile image76
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

I saw an ad in the classifieds several months ago.  I overlooked it at first because I didn't think I was good enough to be here : /  A few months went by and I found an article about HubPages being a great place for writers and also a way to make some money.  For some reason, I felt more confident this time and took the plunge!!  Over two months now and I couldn't be happier for my decision to become a freelance writer on Hubpages!