jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If I vote something down that doesn't move it into some "bad article" category d

1. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

If I vote something down that doesn't move it into some "bad article" category does it?

Sometimes I see an article with misspellings or without proper punctuation. Should I just leave a comment to the writer or vote it down? What part does the moderator play in it if I vote it down?

2. Shaisty-Chase-Tea profile image59
    Shaisty-Chase-Teaposted 6 years ago

if i find a problem with something in the writing or context i am reading, i vote it up to give myself permission to write a clear comment in which i explain any issues i have with it

without the, 'you're ok' vote up' you will feel guilty for expressing your feelings

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

Hubs poorly douone, should not get a vote up.  I just read one that is nothing but spun content,

If we vote up junk, we are raising their scores, and increasing their earnings for PRODUCING JUNK.

Now would you vote this up:  Read it carefully, the first two paragraphs show you this hub is nothing but spun, duplicate, content.http://imnewsreport1.hubpages.com/hub/OnlineMarketing7-StepsForEnterpreneursToStructureAnOnlineBrandname

4. anemometers profile image59
    anemometersposted 6 years ago

Maybe it is being done by a non native english speaker. I think that if you see them contributing elsewhere and adding value then they should not be voted down. Everyone needs a chance

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

If the grammar and punctuation are very bad or consistently bad then I'd flag it and note that so that moderators can look at it.

One or two misused words - then I leave it alone because I often make mistakes myself that I don't catch until comments start coming in on a hub.

Just voting down will only affect the hub's score so far as I'm aware.