jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is it good to put one photo or lot of photos in your hub?

1. Ruchi Urvashi profile image77
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

Is it good to put one photo or lot of photos in your hub?

I read somewhere that if you put more photos than the loading of page is difficult and it is not good for your web link.

2. Fellow Mumbaite profile image74
    Fellow Mumbaiteposted 6 years ago

I believe that depends on what your hub exactly relates to. If your hub calls for more pictures then you should indeed put them. But if no then 1 or 2 pictures should be just fine.

3. Escobana profile image76
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

I love adding pictures because it really pimps your Hub! Especially if it adds to the story. I always try using my own pictures to give the Hub a 'real feeling' instead of downloading pictures from specific websites.

I don't know if loading the page is more difficult but I assume, after having had the photo contest here on Hubpages (recently) ít's not that big of a problem.

4. nicregi profile image77
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I would say the number of photos depends on the topic you are writing. Generally, make sure you have more content than photos in your hub to make it content rich.

5. Beth Pipe profile image85
    Beth Pipeposted 6 years ago

I deliver training courses and have done a lot of research on communication.  70 - 80% of us have a visual preference so we will be more likely to enjoy a hub that is visually pleasing.

Admittedly it can be hard to think of what pic to include sometimes, but if you can break up the text a little it will appeal to a lot more people.

Hope that helps.

6. ronhi profile image76
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

I think you should try to compress your photos using a good software like photoshop or fireworks. I personally use adobe fireworks. That way, you get good quality pics which are not too heavy for the browser. The number of photos you use in the hub depends on the hub itself. They say a picture is worth more than 1000 words. Sometimes, it pays to have more pics especially if you are describing a process or reviewing something etc

7. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

I base the number of  photos used in a hub and how they relate to the article I'm writing, so it varies.

8. Pikachusif profile image70
    Pikachusifposted 6 years ago

Well, If you have a quality Hub, I suggest that you obtain and post at least 2 or more photos, to make your article rich, and so more people would like to see your work.

-Pikachusif

9. Maddambutterfly profile image82
    Maddambutterflyposted 6 years ago

I would love nothing more than to add more than one picture to my hubs...BUT no matter how hard I try I can't seem to figure out how to do it!
    I think hubs look better with two or three pics...

working