jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the end game for our hubs?

1. liftandsoar profile image81
    liftandsoarposted 6 years ago

What is the end game for our hubs?

Don't mean to be gruesome but the thought has crossed my mind.  Suppose I drop dead, my family would like to publish my work.  There are umpteen hubs out there in cyberspace.  Can they be retrieved by others who might want to make use of them?

2. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 6 years ago

You've raised another question in my rather small mind. Can you leave them in your will, as an earner, perhaps as a pension for your other half?

3. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

They are your property, so they and their earnings become a part of your estate. In my case that might eventually buy a sandwich at a cheap fast food joint for an heir's lawyer, so at this point I'm not worried about it. If you're doing better here, then include mention of them in your will and make sure someone you trust has access to your Hub Pages account.

4. cheaptoys profile image62
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

well just pass the login and password to somebody you would want to leave it to. That is what I would do to all my internet properties.

5. Earth Angel profile image75
    Earth Angelposted 6 years ago

One of the BEST features about HubPages is that the copyright remains with the original author.

The majority of other writing sites on the Internet automatically own an author's material once submitted ~ it's in the fine print when you sign up on other sites.

HubPages, the only site I trust, fully respects the copyright of the original author.

As such, original work published on HubPages remains the property of the author and can be passed along to heirs of an estate.

Similarly, any quotes or excerpts or photos or links in a Hub (always used with credit, of course) remain under the copyright of their original creators.

No one can legally take/use/assume/put someone else's work into a Hub and copyright it for themselves.

A copyright always remains with the original creator. (Unless sold as "work for hire" or given away by contract as with most other Internet sites.)

Hope that helps. Happy Season of Thanks~Living. Earth Angel

6. fernando d. profile image61
    fernando d.posted 6 years ago

just a thought, if you drop dead. they mite just put it in a treasure box, lock it. for a game,and whats in it would be the prize. out for grabs . what ever is in it is the treasure. just a thought.

7. Cyber Scribe profile image67
    Cyber Scribeposted 6 years ago

This is a serious question if you are earning serious money. If you are earning through AdSense you will have given them your SS# and when you cease all your income will cease too.

If you are being paid through paypal then that will be frozen as soon as they are informed you are no more.

Hub accounts can't be transfered from one person to another. But the writing belongs to you. You need to leave your sign in and passwords with your SO who can legally transfer your articles to their own account. But you will lose any backlinking you have built up over the years.

You have to leave detailed instructions somewhere where they can find it. They can delete hubs and move them to their own account in between making funeral arrangements.

8. hgiel profile image58
    hgielposted 6 years ago

I still haven't been able to figure out what a hub IS.