jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why is monster.com flooded with advertisements for HubPages "hiring" writers?

1. Infiniteresearch profile image84
    Infiniteresearchposted 6 years ago

Why is monster.com flooded with advertisements for HubPages "hiring" writers?

Why is monster.com flooded with advertisements for HubPages "hiring" writers? This really takes away from the validity of the site and I suspect good writers are seeing this and deciding HubPages is  a scam. Looks like it is the Hubbers themselves trying to direct traffic, but it looks very bad for HubPages.

2. Robert Erich profile image88
    Robert Erichposted 6 years ago

It is hubbers. For every person that joins up through one of your links, you gain a 10% advertiser rotation on their hubs. The writer's ads are shown 60% of the time, HubPages shows ads 30% of the time, and the person who referred you receives 10% of the ad views. I'm assuming someone believes they can make a lot of money through recruiting people to join HubPages.

3. Infiniteresearch profile image84
    Infiniteresearchposted 6 years ago

Thanks Crystalyoshi and Robert I thought that it was hubbers trying to earn more dollars with recruits. There are more then ten pages with different hubber URLS. I understand that it could boost their earnings with new hubbers to draw from, but it really undermines HubPages as a site and makes it seem like a 'make money from home' scam. I've had great experiences HubPages and hate to see it portrayed that way.

4. gabgirl12 profile image79
    gabgirl12posted 6 years ago

Sounds like a sneaky way to do business.

5. lobobrandon profile image92
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Anyway I don't think people actually waiting to write are going to go to monster.com to search for a job

6. Joan King profile image72
    Joan Kingposted 6 years ago

The more hubbers that HP can attract, the more money they can make. i don't think they will be paying these potential writers a salary.They would likely be competing with current hubbers for a piece of the same pie. I was also surprised to see Hub pages advertising at Jobs for Bloggers:  Bloggers & Writers with Passion at HubPages Blog Networks. I have no problem with this but I would have a problem if HP was bypassing the great hubbers here to give paying jobs to others. Charity begins at home as the saying goes.

7. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I have never used monster.com for a job and I don't know anyone else who has. I think today is the first time I even went to the site

8. catfish33 profile image82
    catfish33posted 6 years ago

Monster is how I found this place, and I must say, I like it!!!

9. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I found HubPages through monster.com! Once I investigated the site I didn't look at it as a 'new job' though, but as a place to practice my writing and have some fun.

To be quite honest it's the only good thing that's come out of having a monster.com account ... I've been applying to 'real' jobs there for almost a year now and at this point I'm starting to feel like I'm pissing into the wind. But that's a whole 'nother story...

10. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

I agree, it's very misleading and those adverts should be flagged.

working