jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How much patience is needed on hupages to succeed in making money from hubs?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

How much patience is needed on hupages to succeed in making money from hubs?

2. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

Honestly, It takes some time, but it is possible. You can start publishing at least One hub a day, for the first month that you write on the website to start out, then start marketing them every day. This will bring you a bit of traffic at first.
    Then do your research. Say you want to write about Jobs, and Businesses, Do some research and find out what topics people are looking for. I would search On Yahoo news.

Its all about writing, and giving your readers something to stick around for. Take a look at my profile for more Info.
    I'm writing a couple of Hubs about this very topic.
    Hope this helps!

3. Angela Blair profile image81
    Angela Blairposted 6 years ago

Perhaps I approached this business of writing HUBS from a different direction -- but it's probably true for many of us. I began writing Hubs just because I enjoy writing. I truthfully gave no thought to possibly making a bit of money at all. Strangely enough, I began to make a penny here and there and income has grown with time -- not enough to retire on, you understand -- but a bit. So perhaps steadily writing and participating on Hubpages is at least part of the answer to your question.

Tenacity seems to be a part of the money making end of Hubpages and from what I read there are those Hubbers who are skilled in adding the professional touches that assure income. There's lots of good Hubs on this very subject so I'd suggest you check some of them out for more in-depth and specific answers. As Jessi10 suggests -- marketing -- telling your friends about your Hubs -- getting the word out that you write on Hub Pages -- these are all important starting points. Best of luck!

4. nicregi profile image77
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

It all depends. I been here for 6 months and went missing for 8 months and now I am back. Without much active, I get about $0.30 per day without adsense. Of course with active, I get more and even adsense. So, really how you see it.

Just my 2 cents.

5. Cardisa profile image94
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

It takes patience, lots of it. Hubpages is not a quick moneymaking site, but rather a medium to long term investment. I signed up ten months ago and has just reached payout. Mark you, that my first three months here were kinda lame, I didn't do much and there are times when I go days without publishing a hub.

You can earn faster but it all depends on you. The more hubs you publish and promote, the more money you will make.

6. Availiasvision profile image83
    Availiasvisionposted 3 years ago

The consensus seems to be that you have to have been here for several months and have 100 quality Hubs before anything other than pennies are rolling in.  You also have to be very active, to build a base of readers and links.  If you worked at it every day for two years, you might have a decent part-time job. 

No one actually lives off of their Hubpages income, but it's a great place to start and gain experience for online writing.  When considering all of the shared revenue sites, Hubpages is one of the best.   There are a few people, with several hundred, or even thousand Hubs, who are making some serious money.  However, that will take years to achieve.

If you are going to write anyway, why not get paid?  Seriously though, don't quite your day job yet.

working