jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What are some good social platform websites to promote your writing?

1. BakerRambles profile image86
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

What are some good social platform websites to promote your writing?

2. clayxmatthewsxfan profile image59
    clayxmatthewsxfanposted 6 years ago

I think of HubPages, Blogger or Facebook. I use all of them and have had some great feedback. smile

3. profile image0
    Dr Mohamed Rabieposted 6 years ago

Facebook may be very useful. But, you must be very social in facebook community.

4. Smokes Angel profile image74
    Smokes Angelposted 6 years ago

I have over 4000 friends on facebook so that is a good one.  Try www.redgage.com or stumble upon. Oh and submit your profile to google

5. Grime Remix profile image61
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

The top three Facebook, Twitter, Google plus are great places to start.  Each platform has it's own culture and expectations and will require separate approaches. For example Facebook you'll truly want to be social and focus on being interesting, helpful, and conversational.  The actual promoting is secondary and works best when minimal.  Even on your Facebook Page.  Twitter you'd want to focus on being informative and entertaining with a few lines of text. Twitter is also a great news source for people and current events update leader.  Google Plus supports images and video well and can serve as a hook or bait to get people interested.  It's also easier to add people and organize them into circles. 

Wordpress and Blogger are blog platforms but definitely have a legitimate network of users who  will visit and interact with you through comments. 

I hope this helps in some way.

6. prettylittlewhims profile image60
    prettylittlewhimsposted 6 years ago

facebook or Wattpad:) Lots of readers in Wattpad!

7. profile image56
    TajSinghposted 6 years ago

Facebook and twitter are top on the list.

8. cygnetbrown profile image85
    cygnetbrownposted 6 years ago

I definitely recommend using Facebook, twitter, and Google plus for starters. But don't forget the social platforms related to your niche. Forums still provide access to people who are interested in what you're interested in promoting. Even getting to know other hubbers here in hubpages increases your network.

9. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 6 years ago

It's not a social platform per se, but Everydayfiction.com is a solid community. If you write flash, they're a paying market. Also, I've interacted with some of the site managers. One was kind enough to examine a manuscript of mine, and her criticism was very helpful.

10. profile image53
    Diptesh thakoreposted 6 years ago

Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus this three are the good social platform websites to promote your writing