Hub was flagged and unpublished

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. jim10 profile image64
    jim10posted 14 years ago

Hi I had a Hub for over a year about how to make some extra money online with paid surveys. They are all reasonable places I have tried and had success with. All of a sudden today I got an email that it is unpublished because it violated the terms of use. I can't find any reason why it violated. Where can I get help and figure out what I need to delete from it to publish it again.
    The only links I have are to Cash Crate My Survey and InBox Dollars. Does anyone know which one is considered bad. None of them are scams or make you click on ads to get money. It doesn't seem like this breaks the rules to me. I have always had great positive comments from fellow Hubbers on it too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The hub was called my favorite paid survey Sites

Thanks,
    Jim10

1. profile image0
      Louidam1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jim this also happen to me yesterday.  Hubpages told me that Google Adsense does not approve GPT (GET PAID TO) websites and can get your account with them banned.  Someone is going around peoples hubs and flagging them.  I had mines up for several months.  I'm so upset!

1. jim10 profile image64
        jim10posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I saw your hub and it was great. It is really sad but you are probably right someone is probably going through these and flagging them recently. I bet their's is still up though.
        Hubpages really should allow us to recommend reliable sites that we like and want to talk about. I am pretty disappointed.

1. profile image0
          Louidam1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe people can be like that.  We work so hard on our hubs for them to just flag it.  I'm pretty sure they also have GPT hubs but don't want to have competition.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Jim, you will have better luck emailing team at hubpages dot com smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Did you have only one link to each site?  Was it a reasonable length, not just an ad for paid survey sites? If so, beats me - all you can do is email the team and wait for a reply.

4. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

According to the Google AdSense Program Policy:

Sites with Google ads may not include or link to content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails.

I suspect the hub you are talking about runs afoul of this rule.  All hubs most comply with the AdSense Program Policy.  Unfortunately, both cashcrate and inbox dollars seem to fit the description.

1. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I found two of my own hubs that were toeing the line on this one, so I removed out the links (the other content was fine without it, so I kept it). Thanks for making it all a bit more clear.

Sometimes I think one has to be a lawyer to thoroughly read these policies and make sense of them. smile

So Paul ... I have this Aunt in Nigeria who just passed away and is looking for a way to move her money to the US ... smile

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paul, is this sort of info going to be added as one of the "no-nos" to the splash screen that people see when they make a new Hub?

5. jim10 profile image64
    jim10posted 14 years ago

Well thanks for your help everyone. I really didn't think that these ones would have counted because that isn't all you can do on them. They are not scams in anyway and I thought adsense mostly didn't like scams and unreliable sites. I see I can take off the Kontera ads I will see if I can get rid of the adsense ads on them and repost it. If not I guess I just won't link to them or will try to find a workaround. It would be awesome if Hubpages could add a list of places you should not link to that would be a lot more helpful.
    Sounds like Google is the king of double standards then. Oh well they practically own the net.
    Thanks
    Jim10

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When we have identified a place that you can't link we automatically display a warning on your hub, and we won't allow it to be published (if it's a new hub).  However, at any one time we don't have a comprehensive list of places you can't link.  Mostly, we add to the list as we discover them in hubs ourselves or hubs that have been flagged by readers.

That said, if you are making significant money from Google AdSense (or hope too), it's a really good idea to stay on top of what they allow.

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, that happened to you Jim, but removing adsense wont help you, as hubpages still needs your page to be compliant for their uses.

Sounds like an article that needs to be on your own website

And those sites kind of are scams...they create payout levels that most users never reach, I couldnt ethically support any of them.

You actually spend time as a user at those sites and get a check in the mail?

3. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Commercial hubs must have Adsense turned on. To be non-commercial they can't have outbound links.

6. fireatwill41 profile image60
    fireatwill41posted 14 years ago

I recently published a hub that had to deal with treasure trooper. I removed all outbound links to that site and it still remains unpublished and needing revision. It seems like sites that are pay for anything (surveys, cash offers, etc) are not allowed as hubs. I am thinking about taking my hub, deleting it, and posting the content on my own website but I will never rank for the keywords I am looking for through my own site unfortunately. I am going to delete the hub as I see no other option since the content can't even talk about pay to "insert activity here" site.
    It is unfortunate because I was beginning to rank in the search engines for the keywords I was looking for. Guess I will have to optimize for other keywords.

7. jim10 profile image64
    jim10posted 14 years ago

Thanks again,

Sunforged yes I actually do very well on cashcrate by doing the 2 surveys of the day and by getting referrals. Mysurvey is great and I just got my second check for $100 by filling out very short surveys. As for In Box Dollars. It isn't that great for its compensation. Seems a lot lower than the others for surveys. But whenever I buy something online I check to see if I can go through their site and get a discount or rebate. It works great for that. So I do get money back that way. I buy my pet supplies and I think my wife uses it to buy from Old Navy online for the kids.   

Darkside thanks,
    So maybe if I make it noncomercial and just talk about them. I really theink they are great sites and want to share my success with others. I know a lot of people are coming on here to find ways to make money that are not scams.

Maybe I will start a blog about them then. It is just a shame I can't share it here I had lots of great comments with people thanking me.

To be honest I have seen lots of other hubs on here that talk about this topic. I'm guessing they will eventually face the same problem as me.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you have adsense on your blog, it's best not to go into these areas. You could put your account jeopardy.

8. Hoop-A-Joo profile image60
    Hoop-A-Jooposted 14 years ago

Mine got flagged as well.  And mine was not even about particular program or site.  It was just general reviews and based on debate going on helium  while back.  At the bottom, I had put 2 link I have used for a while, and was worked for me.  I did email hubpages but also I took away those link and add some explanation on text and submit for publication.  I don't think this is fair that it suddenly flagged and they should have give me proper explanation which or what part is violating hubpages or google TOS.

9. Hoop-A-Joo profile image60
    Hoop-A-Jooposted 14 years ago

Funny thing is I still found lots of hubs taking about surveys, GPT stuff and not flagged yet.  Most of Odd Jobs & Making Extra money area talks about survey, GPT stuff. Why some are still allowed to published and some are not? What is the guideline here? So confusing..

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It means the ones that still exist haven't been flagged or otherwise weeded out by the Hub team.

10. jim10 profile image64
    jim10posted 14 years ago

So if this is the case then my best bet is to create a new Hubpage account. Then make a similar hub without  entering in my adsense and amazon id numbers etc... Then I should be able to keep it up for a year or so when it gets flagged. But obviously that would be wrong so I won't do that.
    I guess I will make a blog just dedicated to these sites and I won't connect it to my adsense.
    I'm still waiting to hear back from the hub team.
    I'm not sure how worried I am about keeping adsense. I make more in 1 month from cashcrate than I did in 2 years with adsense. So I would rather direct traffic there. But thanks for everyones input.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)