jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

Why is one of my good hubs lower than my worst hub?

1. profile image49
    webchalkposted 9 years ago

Hi,

I've spent a bit of time creating this hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Build_a_free_website

and not much time on this hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How_to_make_a_free_website

However the top one has a lower hub score than the bottom one, even though it is full of (what I believe to be) good content, videos, and pictures.

The only thing I can think of is that I did recently make changes to the top one...

Could that make it lose its hub score until I get enough traffic to it?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Ant

1. trakker14 profile image55
      trakker14posted 9 years agoin reply to this

because one is a "HOW TO" and one is not
      the How to's get a higher score..don't ask me why.

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image89
      Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have sooooo given up trying to figure this out.  My three highest-traffic hubs are scattered throughout my hub stats, one near the top (hubscore 81), one in the middle (76), and one at the bottom (69).  I can't figure out the difference.

2. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Which one is getting more traffic?  That's often the biggest factor to consider.

3. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Traffic can weigh heavily in HubScores calculations.

4. caspar profile image66
    casparposted 9 years ago

I notice their scores have swapped around now and your build a free website hub now has a higher score.  Does one have more comments or thumbs up?

1. trakker14 profile image55
      trakker14posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think because you did  some work on it , cause i have the same thing ..some are really  down then i add an ad or url and it goes up again.

5. profile image49
    webchalkposted 9 years ago

Hi there,

Thanks heaps for your replies,

It looks like things are evening out now... the better one (build a free website) is getting about 50 visitors a day, and the content-lacking other one (make a free website) is getting about 25 visitors a day.

And the hub scores have changed a lot since I posted this question

I guess we can call this "case closed"

Cheers,
    Ant

6. thooghun profile image83
    thooghunposted 9 years ago

Yes, they tend to even out eventually. I've had the same concerns, but in the end my frustration is always dispelled wink

7. profile image0
    tagtopicsposted 9 years ago

I think that sometimes people can be offered too much information!

When someone's looking into starting their first ever website, they just want a bit of info - just get some of the basics, go away and think about. This is where you're shorter hub is ideal.

Later on, they'll be back - then they'll want a bit more info. Bang! you hit them with your second hub and they get all the info they need.

I wonder whether any of the traffic you're getting to 'good hub' is being direct from 'bad hub'? That would be interesting to know.

8. caspar profile image66
    casparposted 9 years ago

You could put your hubs into a group, webchalk - maybe Web Design Beginners' Tips or something - then they would all link together and after reading one hub, readers would be guided to the next one.

Just a thought.

9. In The Doghouse profile image83
    In The Doghouseposted 9 years ago

Scores?  I think that it is a matter of "rock, paper, scissors."  Or perhaps, a dart thrown at a board?  Or maybe, a flip of a coin?  smile

10. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

It is also important to take hubpages preference into consideration - they like to see some topics higher ranked than others. smile

11. websurfpro profile image41
    websurfproposted 9 years ago

I guess it`s all about different content , that builds up the hub score, and especially links , I have just published this new hub http://hubpages.com/hub/The-internet , entirely written in hubpage`s editor but I did not add anything else , not even a link or a video, just a small picture. When I posted it I was disappointed to the score, 47 ! I never had such a low score and I worked the most on this hub to make it interesting!

12. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

*All* hubs start about 50. It will grow, don't worry

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, you can get them up to about 70 depending on your author score before publishing them smile

13. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Yeah, if you "marinade" them before publishing big_smile But this does not affect the final score, you know wink

14. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

LOL - I hadn't thought of it as marinading - I like that one. "Stewing" is a good one too big_smile

working