jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)

Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada!

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

To all Canadian hubbers have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Hope you can spend it with your loved ones.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:bYIMZJVBBmrzzM:http://www.kwtc.org/theTradePost/2009/May21/canada-flag.jpg

2. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, ZsuZsy Bee!

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Happy Turkey Day Canada! big_smile you watching the turkey-thon too? lol lol

4. Lisa HW profile image78
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada Hubbers.   smile

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91

Where are all the Cannucks????? Must all be busy at the grocery stores getting all the thanksgiving grub. The weather sure is a lot different this year (cold and still soggy from yeasterdays rain)from last year. We were out in the RV last year enjoying a beautiful warm weekend on the shores of Lake Erie. The kids (and the nuttier adults) even went wadding in the water. That's sure not going to happen this time around. It's sunny today here but cold and windy.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend all.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I've been sick so I may not get out to pick up anything for Thanksgiving dinner. I may end up ordering in Chinese on Sunday and having left overs...

1. ripplemaker profile image84
      ripplemakerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oooh, hope you are better today. Hugs...

2. dohn121 profile image84
      dohn121posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Gosh, UW...I hope you feel better soon...Just to cheer you up, that one scene from Christmas Story when the family goes to the Chinese restaurant for Christmas dinner is an absolute classic.  I hope that cheers you up big_smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I should order the Peking duck smile

3. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Awwww Susan I hope you feel better. It sucks to be sick especially on a holiday. Have a couple of hot rum toddies those will cure you, if not at least you won't feel any pain and you'll be happy.

Chinese food sounds great though...especially Pekin duck.

Take care of yourself
      Zsuzsy

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 8 years ago

This ignorant American don't know what day you celebrate it, but have a good one whenever it is! smile

That would be Monday smile Happy Columbus Day to you...

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 8 years ago

Oh yeah, forgot that one. LOL thanks I can't keep up with them all. hehe

9. emievil profile image80
    emievilposted 8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Zsuzsy Bee, UW and all hubbers from Canada.

UW, are you okay? Seems like you were also feeling a bit under the weather last week or was it the week before that?

I was sick and got better (or thought I did) I felt very fluey but now it seems like just a bad head cold. It seems a lot of people are suffering the same thing this year, including a friend who now has swine flu (but she lives in another city). Regardless, I will be going to the doctor next week for a check up.

10. ripplemaker profile image84
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

HI Zsuzsy bee, Happy Thanksgiving Day! Celebrating with you in spirit. Enjoy the festivities. smile

11. Dale Mazurek profile image72
    Dale Mazurekposted 8 years ago

Thank you from another Canadian.  Unfortunately I have to work but thats life in the oil patch

12. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91

Anyone interested in joining us for Thanksgiving dinner?
    The 22 lbs Turkey is in the oven...Pumpkin and apple pies are done. For something special I was given a venison roast by a friend which has been marinating a day and a half (both the venison and the friend) in red wine and my meat rub (just the venison). Mashed turn-ups , roasted baby potatoes in parsley, cauliflower and broccoli baked with mozzarella, fresh garden salad and cranberries are all on the menu and home made dinner rolls of course.

The Turkey is starting to send out some amazing aromas already, can you smell it?

Dinner is at 5:00...If your favorite is not on the menu you sure can bring it along...

13. Zsuzsy Bee profile image91

Plenty of left-overs if anyone's interested.

Happy thanksgiving Canada!

14. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 8 years ago

happy thanksgiving from toronto smile

working